View Full Version : £22.50 - The cost to view 30 mins of Corrie!!

3GScottishUser
23rd November 2005, 06:07 PM
I have just worked out that if you happen to want to catch up with the happenings on Coronation Street via ITV's new streaming deal with 3 UK it'll cost £22.50 to view a single half hour episode!!!

Yes £22.50

Simple aritmetic 30 X 75p = £22.50.

Yikes!!!

Happily the ITV deal is not exclusive to 3 UK and something more affordable will hopefully become available for fans of the Street and other ITV favourites.

I doubt if this type of offering can really be taken seriously, surely there are very few who would seriously consider paying the level of charges above, hopefully not!

fozzie
2nd December 2005, 04:15 AM
The way I see it Coronation Street is on so many times across 2 ITV channels in a week , most viewers wouldnt use a mobile to watch it on.

I mean ITV1 show it Monday(x2),Wednesday,Friday & Sunday then ITV2 repeat it at 11pm on the night ITV1 transmit it then they also repeat it daily on ITV2 @ lunchtime also 2 or 3 mind numbing omnibus editions on a weekend .... Any self respecting fan would watch it on a big screen & not suffer eye strain from a small screen.

Also the drain on a battery would be pretty hardcore.

To be honest many pizza eating couch potato trisha trashites couldnt tell you what 3G is .... they probably think its a new offering from Domino's.

chris7494
2nd December 2005, 04:56 AM
Sounds to me like someone likes corrie a little bit too much!

Gotta agree though, who`d be slack enough to pay that!

Chris

Ben
2nd December 2005, 10:09 AM
It's silly stuff, I don't understand the logic behind it just like I don't understand why Three feels the need to deliver 'TV' services using three or four methods!

However, Three have been using the premium-rate videocall method of delivery for some time now. There must be at least one sucker out there with more money than sense who keeps encouraging them to do it time and time again. At least Three offer alternatives such as MobiTV and direct streams.

Neo
13th December 2005, 09:29 AM
Here's a thought... watch it on ITV1, or even better - stop watching it! :D