View Full Version : Sat Nav on the SPV 5000

23rd November 2005, 11:23 PM
Hi
Any advice on adding Sat Nav to the SPV 5000, I'm assuming its just software to load, or do I need a seperate piece of hardware which talks to the satalites/phone?
David

Hands0n
23rd November 2005, 11:32 PM
Unless the SPV 5000 has any GPS or AGPS hardware built in then you will need some kind of GPS receiver to operate with the softare (i.e. Tom Tom or Navman or similar).

GPS receivers come in two types, wired or Bluetooth. The latter is probably more convenient than the wired. The GPS receiver receives the sattelite info and passes it via its link (wire or Bluetooth) to the Sat Nav software on the mobile phone which in turn make sense of the coordinates to tell you where you are and all the other wonderful stuff that such software does.

Tom Tom, for one, sell packaged sets of its Nav software and hardware. Or you can buy the software and GPS receiver hardware a' la carte from different vendors.

HTH

Jon3G
24th November 2005, 03:26 PM
Word of warning

The M5000 runs and Windows Mobile 5 and the Tom Tom website does not say either way that it supports it. You will need to check with them before making a purchase as Tom Tom is pretty expensive.

www.tomtom.com

Good luck and let us know

Welcome to Talk 3G