View Full Version : Browsing the web

andy12
24th November 2005, 09:32 AM
Hi all just a quick question, i ve just recieved my New N70 and was trying to browse the web but all i can get is the 3G pages, when i try to go to another site by typing the address in i get a msg saying i ve got to sign up for i think £2.50 a month. i was just wondering is there away round this, where i can go to any sites i want????

Yssybyl
24th November 2005, 10:00 AM
Sounds like you are on `3'. I'm afraid this is a network issue - with the other operators there are no such restrictions - it's up to you whether you think it's worth it... That said, I'm not aware of any way around it, but that doesn't mean there isn't one ;)

LeMotor
24th November 2005, 10:06 AM
...that is a specific "3" issue...you're sitting in a walled garden...I'm on T-Mobile's "Web 'n' Walk" and I have 40MB free of Web browsing...:)

andy12
24th November 2005, 10:07 AM
ok cheers for that, so looks like if i want to browse the net im gona have to pay up... oh well

Ben
24th November 2005, 11:25 AM
Indeed, and even if you do you'll still be limited to a selection of sites that are pre-approved by Three. Apparently as a Three customer you're not capable of deciding what you want to see on your own phone ;)

andy12
24th November 2005, 11:49 AM
thats nice of them to decide that aint it.

Hands0n
24th November 2005, 02:18 PM
Where on Earth were 3 when I was in the newsagents this morning? I was looking for a magazine and saw a whole lot of stuff that I couldn't decide whether or not I should be looking at!! I was completely and utterly lost. I tried phoning their CS on 333 but couldn't get through!! Praise the Heavens that at least 3 are looking after me so well on my mobile phone :rolleyes:

But at least we'll be able to watch Corrie now at 75p per minute :eek: on 3.

Or access the Internet via our handset as a modem to a laptop/PDA at £45 a month :eek: :eek:

I could go on :eek: :eek: :eek:

But I wont :cool: