View Full Version : 902 MP3 Ringtones...

Propergood
26th November 2005, 06:23 PM
:confused: I'm told by Vodafone Tech support that you CAN in fact have mp3s as ringtones on a Sharp 902... but they won't tell how.

I know this part of the forum has been dead for a good while, but does anyone have any new info on this? It's quite annoying as, other than the trouble with real music ringtone support I find it to be one of the best phones about. Cheers to anyone who can help.

Ben
26th November 2005, 06:36 PM
Hello Propergood, welcome to Talk3G :D

That's really strange :| They could be talking out of their backsides... if the usual ways of setting a ringtone on the handset wont allow MP3's and Vodafone don't feel at liberty to tell you 'the other way' then I'm a little bemused.

I think MMF files work OK on the 902, so you could always use the various freeware tools available online to convert from MP3 to MMF. You might have to go via another format such as WAV, but there's a good chance you'll end up with a usable ringtone.

A quick google found this archive (http://www.mobile-review.com/forum2/archive/index.php/t-29119.html) which may come in useful. Basically adding DRM to your MP3 files can be used to fool Vodafone's restrictions into letting you use your own music.

I hope that helps, a little!