View Full Version : Nokia repair centre killed my phone, now Three's lied to me!

a_ukboy
27th November 2005, 08:34 AM
To cut a very long story short..

I have a 6680 on 3, got it April 2005, in Oct i took it to a Nokia service centre for a software upgrade, it worked fine but realised that Mobi TV no longer installed and active standby had gone (2 features i used)

So 2 weeks later i took it to another Nokia service centre, asked them if a newer version was avaliable which was told no, told them why i wanted it changed and they suggested a Nokia generic version, cool i thought...

30 mins later im told sorry my phone crashed during upgrade and now no longer works, so i sent the phone to 3 who sent it back to me saying its got liquid damage!!

I then take the phone to a shop that fixes water damaged phones to be told there's no sign of any liquid damage!! So i then call Nokia, they're basically not interested and tell me to go back to a service centre.

Went to a third Nokia service centre, they look at the phone and give me written confirmation that no liquid damage can be found, however can't diagnose the fault as the phone don't power up.

So now i've called Three again, told them about the written confirmation, they want me to fax this to them, which im doing Monday, then i will have to wait and see what happens. (i have noticed the written confirmation has N70 on it, not 6680, however it does have my phones imei no. on it) hope that don't cause me problems!!

Any suggestions on what i should do next??

Cheers

cyberkid999
27th November 2005, 01:27 PM
To cut a very long story short..

I have a 6680 on 3, got it April 2005, in Oct i took it to a Nokia service centre for a software upgrade, it worked fine but realised that Mobi TV no longer installed and active standby had gone (2 features i used)

So 2 weeks later i took it to another Nokia service centre, asked them if a newer version was avaliable which was told no, told them why i wanted it changed and they suggested a Nokia generic version, cool i thought...

30 mins later im told sorry my phone crashed during upgrade and now no longer works, so i sent the phone to 3 who sent it back to me saying its got liquid damage!!

I then take the phone to a shop that fixes water damaged phones to be told there's no sign of any liquid damage!! So i then call Nokia, they're basically not interested and tell me to go back to a service centre.

Went to a third Nokia service centre, they look at the phone and give me written confirmation that no liquid damage can be found, however can't diagnose the fault as the phone don't power up.

So now i've called Three again, told them about the written confirmation, they want me to fax this to them, which im doing Monday, then i will have to wait and see what happens. (i have noticed the written confirmation has N70 on it, not 6680, however it does have my phones imei no. on it) hope that don't cause me problems!!

Any suggestions on what i should do next??

Cheers

Would the service centres be CPW by any chance...

a_ukboy
27th November 2005, 04:09 PM
The first one was yes, but they did'nt break my handset, it was the 2nd one, not CPW!!

a_ukboy
29th November 2005, 08:10 AM
The fax has been sent so will now wait and see what happens, a lady from technical support has been ringing me every day so hopefully will hear something shortly!!