View Full Version : Vodafone TV 30-minute Disconnect

Ben
28th November 2005, 10:46 AM
Hey folks,

Is everybody else noticing the 30-minute disconnect on Vodafone TV? It would appear that after 30 minutes of viewing I am forcibly disconnected. It has happened a few times now.

While I doubt many people watch one channel of Vodafone's TV offering for more than 30 minutes at a time (and I appreciate that it's longer than Three's 20 minute cut-off) it still annoys me a tad :) But hey, they've got to protect themselves from excessive bandwidth consumption somehow.... haven't they?

maxspank
26th January 2006, 12:49 AM
Do you know if this is still happening, because as far as I am aware it shouldn't, and it's not going to be very good if this happening from Wednesday when the free trial ends.

Does anyone plan on subscribing to the service, I know I would be if I had 3G coverage the packages look awesome and cheap!

Ben
26th January 2006, 07:26 AM
I'm considering subscribing, but as it's a per-package arrangement wanting to watch HBO and Sky News could potentially cost me more than I'm prepared to pay.

As far as I'm aware there's still a 30 minute disconnect, though I can't remember whether it happened to me last time I watched. Before it was like clockwork though. I'll have to give it another go when I get a bit of time. I definitely agree that it'd be inappropriate for the 30 minute rule to be enforced once paying commences, especially given that the HBO programming is longer than 30 minutes!

Top offering, though.

Hands0n
26th January 2006, 10:50 AM
Yes, excellent offering and I am sorely tempted but for one thing. The News is on the wrong package, for me! I do not do "Sport" and would be more inclined to go for one of the other packages, but for the lack of News! Its a paradox [for me] that Vodafone need to sort out or I'll most likely just hold a fond memory of the quality of service that is, I agree, completely outstanding given the current state of competition.

DVB-H may change that state of competition but that seems to be having a rather rocky ride at the moment and so Vodafone will almost certainly take much ground from the others. Anyone who has seen Mobi-TV and Vodafone Live! TV has not doubt at all which is the superior service!