View Full Version : Vodafone 'unlimited' push email

Ben
28th November 2005, 11:08 AM
http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=2180

For £15 a month (£10 if your tariff is over £40) you'll very shortly be able to get push email from Vodafone on a range of their handsets. It sounds like a lot, I think, but if you consider that the service (which includes attachments) is 'push' and so could be an extremely powerful messaging platform then it should at least appeal to some.

"Email, it’s become a vital part of our everyday existence. We depend on it for both our business and personal lives and yet very few of us have access to it on the move. Vodafone is about to change all that though and it invited an exclusive group of journalists to its posh digs on Park Lane to spill the beans. Somehow, I was also let past the security guards.

In what turned out to be a highly significant announcement, the company unveiled three new unmetered email services and unprecedented new levels of remote device management and customer support. Between the packages everyone is catered for too: from high level enterprise right down to consumers.

So given that you’re primarily readers of a consumery-type nature we’ll jump straight into what this means for the man on the street. In a word: Nirvana (not the grunge band). Users who pick the Vodafone Business Email ‘Personal’ option can get unlimited access a POP3 or IMAP email account including all attachments for just £15 per month. Should you have a contract in excess of £40 anyway, the cost is just £10 (all prices include VAT)."

Follow the link for more from Gordon Kelly at TrustedReviews. The poor soul managed to write two pages about it so he obviously managed to get more excited than I did ;)