View Full Version : The 703 - The right idea?

Ben
29th November 2005, 09:38 PM
Ok, every time I go into the Vodafone shop I pick up this little lime green phone and flip it's irritating plasticy lid a few times before putting it down again. It's positively addictive. So, I found out what it was called and made a subsection :)

It's small, dinky, fun, 3G. More like this, please?

Hands0n
29th November 2005, 11:04 PM
"The right idea? " - No! It is as completely horrid as a horrid thing, I cannot find a single nice thing to say about it and I hate it utterly. :eek:

Ben
29th November 2005, 11:24 PM
LMAO! I don't think I've seen such an adverse reaction from you, Hands0n, in quite a long time!

Yes, ok, it's a horrid horrid thing. But surely at the right price and with decent promotion this could have been a massive 3G success with the kiddies. It just feels so wonderfully disposable! So cheap and cheerful! So... lime green :p

Hands0n
29th November 2005, 11:39 PM
"wonderfully disposable" - now you're talking :D

I actually had one of these in my hands on Monday when I visited the Vodafone shop. Just out of curiousity. If it wasn't tethered to the display stand with a wire cable I'd have thrown it on the floor and stamped it out of its sorry misery of a life.

Apart from that, I was quite taken with it :)

sycko
1st December 2005, 04:57 PM
hi guys ive just registerd to this forum because i saw this post on the sharp 703 and was thinking of upgrading my fone to this one! i have read good reports on it on other forums but then i saw how this guy reacted to it and wanted to know why he thinks its such a bad fone? help b4 i purchase this fone

Ben
1st December 2005, 06:49 PM
Welcome to Talk3G, sycko!

Well, lets be honest here, it's not an amazing phone. It's not going to break any records or make your lunch for you.

However, it does seem like a good, fun phone. It's quite compact and light, it looks fun, and if it gets hit by a bus you probably wont be too bothered so long as you're not holding it at the time ;)

Neither of us have used a live version of the handset, we're just mulling over the aesthetics. Buy it and let us know how you get on! You could even write a lil tiny review for us :p

sycko
1st December 2005, 09:25 PM
thanx for the feedback :)
im used to the sharp fones and currently own the gx30 so i wanted an upgrade of the same kinda fone thats why i was intrested in the 703v, that and the 903 is a little steep in price!!!!
but if and when i get the fone il give u some feedback in it
if u here from anyone else with the fone let me know some details if thats ok budy!!
cheers

Hands0n
1st December 2005, 11:48 PM
@sycko - Hiya and welcome to Talk3G. You must not take my comments on the phone too seriously :) I really do not like the look of it but that is an entirely personal reflection of the feelings that it inspires in me. But that said, I fully accept that it has its place among all the other handsets that exist. It is intended to be a straightforward 3G handset and I believe that it fulfils that purpose succinctly. Not everyone wants an N70 or suchlike fully featured handset. There is nothing at all wrong with that. :cool:

whatleydude
6th December 2005, 04:31 PM
Wasnt there another thread about this phone already?

I remember going off on one about its colour scheme..

EDIT: Here it is:

https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?p=7443#post7443