View Full Version : W900 Video

Ben
1st December 2005, 08:20 PM
My SIM-Free W900 arrives tomorrow morning and, as always, to binge in my excitement I'm looking at and reading everything w900 related that I can.

Just found this funky SE video, take a looksee! http://www.sonyericsson.com/product/w900/video/WMP_broadband.html

Let the drooling begin!

KingMatt2511
1st December 2005, 09:35 PM
Very nice indeed Ben. Will this be a secondary phone or will it replace your current 6680?

Ben
1st December 2005, 09:44 PM
It'll kind of be 'thirdary'... I can't see it replacing my 6680 completely, but the two phones will share the same SIM. I also have another, secondary, phone on another contract SIM. The 6680 has really caused me problems in that I just can't bare to see the back of it - for the first time ever it has been over 6 months and I still don't hate the thing!

I'm really looking forward to the better camera and the music functionality though - providing I can put up with the Sony Ericsson software I'll probably use it day-to-day. Visually I just find the W900i stunning and, given that it's the first 3G Walkman, I just had to add it to my collection!

Chewy
2nd December 2005, 10:04 AM
Not a bad looking phone Ben....

Only thing is it reminds me of my s700i which i HATE!!! Damned software glitches! Will have a good camera on it tho.

Ben
2nd December 2005, 10:12 AM
Yeah, I hated the S700i also, but luckily when you see them side by side you realise that the W900i has changed quite a lot for the better! The W900i has assisted opening, for example, which just looks fab.

As for software, my Z1010 and T610 have left me sceptical. I'll be sure to delve into this area when I write my review. Fingers crossed they haven't made a complete hash of it. At least there's a glimmer of hope that I may be able to apply software updates from the SE website - not done that before.

graham
14th December 2005, 10:24 AM
My SIM-Free W900 arrives tomorrow morning and, as always, to binge in my excitement I'm looking at and reading everything w900 related that I can.

Just found this funky SE video, take a looksee! http://www.sonyericsson.com/product/w900/video/WMP_broadband.html

Let the drooling begin!

I will be getting my W900i (black) today.

I was wondering what headphones you would recommend, or are the Sony supplied ones good enough?

getti
14th December 2005, 03:39 PM
Just watched that video and now i definatly want one. I was planning on getting a HD TV for my Xbox 360 this month but might have to change my mind and get one of these now

Hands0n
14th December 2005, 04:20 PM
My kids W900i just turned up this afternoon. I've not had a chance to play with the Walkman part of it, but its rather good so far. The headphones are the "earbud" type that fit in nice and snug like. Ben raves about the audio quality. I'll be looking into that later tonight, before releasing the handset over to the kid who its for :(

getti
14th December 2005, 04:55 PM
I'm sold!!. Now the HD plans are totally thrown out of the window and a SE W900i will be mine once I get paid on the 23rd.

Its nice doing this because the TV was £1,000 so the phone is only £450 (only £450 :D ) so i will have LOADS left over from what I was going to spend.

Hands0n
14th December 2005, 05:10 PM
Me too, I think, which is disasterous for my original Vodafone plans! Not buying SIM-free, has to be on a contract.

Just watched Live! TV and its the dog's compared to MobiTV/OrangeTV. Not a single snag, pause, glitch or artefact and clear sound. All in glorious W900i widescreen .

Sorry to mess your plans up :) But I suspect you'll be pleased with the way that SE have integrated the Walkman function and quality into a mobile phone handset. The Walkman is v e r y Sony, so you can be assured of being well taken care of in that department.

My first stab at the handset (gotta rush out for a couple of hours!!! Damn!!!) reveals a very intuitive handset, a snip to get to grips without having to keep a manual on your lap. Everything makes sense in the menus system!

I like it. I like it a lot. :D

getti
14th December 2005, 05:16 PM
Anyone know if Live works fully on a sim free version? Someone over at Expansys has said they bought a Sim Free one and cant get it working as it should. Then again they might be a 3G noob unlike us 3G masters on here :D

Ben
14th December 2005, 06:54 PM
I will be getting my W900i (black) today.

I was wondering what headphones you would recommend, or are the Sony supplied ones good enough?
Welcome to Talk3G! The supplied headphones are fantastic :)

Getti - Live works perfectly, has done even before Voda launched the phone.

Hands0n
14th December 2005, 07:09 PM
@Getti - well Ben got Live! working using settings for another SE handset iirc. He said so this on another thread;

Vodafone live appears to work without any problems on the handset after downloading the V600 settings for GPRS and MMS. The WAP settings (a la W800i) don't appear to work, but luckily the V600's did. Vodafone TV works in glorious widescreen (without having to reconnect as on the Nokia) and the handsets built-in speaker is acceptable, but not great, for listening

Full article here --> https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1908

By now Vodafone should have specific settings for the W900i. Or ........... you could always nip over to the SE website which claim to have all that the owner of one of these will need - according to the accompanying SE/Vodafone manual in my package. But I can't vouch for that as I've not yet looked for myself.

The Vodafone Contract item (White) the W900i has worked 100% right out of the box. Which is nice :)

getti
14th December 2005, 07:35 PM
Ah well this will 100% be my next phone. Expansys dropped the price from £560 to £470 within a week so by next week i can get it. Although not in time for christmas as i cant order til the 23rd and the 24th when it would have been send it Xmas Eve and is on Saturday so they dont deliver then