Features include:
3G
email
MP3 player
Photo Messaging
talk 3.5 hrs
standby 8.0 days
weight: 126.0g

It's quite a nice piece of kit, and it's good value for a 3G phone too. On Orange's standard £15 a month plan it'll cost you just £49.99. Over £25 a month and it's free.

I'd be very interested to hear more from those of you who have this phone. I've not heard of any major problems with it.

Skyblue
9th April 2005, 08:54 PM
The phone is well featured and very stylish. My only gripes were the limited memory, limited SMS tones, grainy camera and it can be pretty slow at deleting media and exiting WAP, all of which pushed me towards getting my Sanyo.

It has some really nice touches though, like accessing the camera and audio player with the flip shut, you can turn the shutter sound off, and even change the key press tones.

If anybody has any specific questions about this phone I'll try and answer them.

Ben
10th April 2005, 03:25 PM
Change the keypress tones? Wow, that's pretty cool! I'd be so tempted to make it sound like a song when I dial certain numbers :D

Do you find the Sanyo much better in comparison?

I think if I was new to 3G and wanted a basic videophone that could also watch downloaded video clips etc, the LG would be the one. I do take my hat off to them for focussing on the not-so-advanced end of the 3G market. It's something the other manufacturers really need to concentrate on, and that Sony Ericsson looks to with it's K600i.

Something tells me that it's going to be a long time before something as diddy as the VK207i comes to the 3G market, if ever.

Skyblue
10th April 2005, 06:05 PM
I find the Sanyo has more features and little quirks, but the LG is still anice phone all the same. The Sanyo is not as small and stylish as the LG though, although my Sanyo was referred to as a fancy phone on a colleagues first glance at work yesterday. But the LG is very stylish I think!

I have played little tunes with the keypad, there are puppy barking, numbers (one, two, etc.) and water drops sounds for it, a couple of others too, I forget what they are.

getti
12th April 2005, 09:19 PM
you can check out Here (http://www.todayon3g.co.uk/reviews/lg8150/page1.htm) for a review on the LG 8150 if you want some thoughts