View Full Version : 3 UK Launch 32MB Music Phone - MOS-1

3GScottishUser
6th December 2005, 12:32 PM
3 UK have launched the MOS-1 handset on their website. The' mobile media company' has come up with a pretty standard clamshell with 'Ministry Of Sound' branding (to appeal to younger folks).

Its free on a contract, and will be £119.99 (inc £30 of credit) on ThreePay.

The thing has only got 32MB of non-expandable memory!! That's 1/2 of what an old Motorola a-835 had 18 months ago!

All the other features etc are pretty standard. Expect to see it at 1/2 price in the January sales. Not a good product and the fact that they have chosen to launch such a device at this time clearly illustrates the level of understanding re 'mobile media'. The younger folks 'in the know' will laugh at this one! Pity the poor kids that wake up with this shoddy little stocking-filler..... what a dissapointment! (Comes with 2 free tunes and headphones - amazing!)

Specifications

Standard battery life (approx*):
Standby: 200 hrs
Talk time: 150 mins
Video call: 100 mins
Weight: 106g
Screen:
Size 31mm x 41mm
262,000 colours
Resolution 176 x 200 pixels
Memory: 32 MB
Camera: 1.3 Megapixel camera

http://www.three.co.uk/handsets/handsetfeatures.omp?subleft=2&header=PAYMON&cid=1131124210471

I can see all the Samsung Z-140's getting snapped up if this is the competition!

Ben
6th December 2005, 06:00 PM
Urgh. MoS rocks, but their merchandise doesn't. Ever. :)

Still, expanding the range is a good thing.

3GScottishUser
6th December 2005, 08:17 PM
I note the MoS DECT phone range is actually a brand distributed by Alba. Not exactly well known for up-marrket electronics.

I am guessing that MoS (in terms of the above) is a fitting brand for 3 UK.

(You'll get about 16 tracks (at 96 Kb/s) on the phone's memory..... a great money-making prospect for 3 UK's downloads.....not!!). Aye the 'mobile media company' seems to know just what's needed to get folks moving data eh?