View Full Version : Unlocking N70

LeMotor
9th December 2005, 03:10 PM
...Top CS of T-Mobile!!! I've asked CS to unlock my N70...3 days later I got the letter with the code and they charged me £15 only...:D

Ben
9th December 2005, 05:32 PM
Good stuff! :) I think unlocking on Vodafone is similarly easy...

3GScottishUser
9th December 2005, 07:39 PM
Just £15 to unlock an N-70 - pretty good value. I did'nt know the networks charged so little to unlock such a high value smartphone so early into the contract period.

Worth knowing this info.

psacharya
9th January 2006, 10:30 AM
Hi ,Nice to hear it..I am in a similar need..what is required to unlock N70 on t-Mobile. mobile number ?? original subscribers request?? ..please let me know the process..
-Praveen([email protected])

LeMotor
9th January 2006, 10:41 AM
...just ring 150 (T-Mobile CS) and ask for an unlock code of your N70, best to mentioned you need it to go abroad and be able to use a foreign sim...then give them your phone's IMEI number (push ##06# on your phone)...that's all!

psacharya
9th January 2006, 12:10 PM
Cheers:)
-Praveen

psacharya
16th January 2006, 01:33 PM
...Top CS of T-Mobile!!! I've asked CS to unlock my N70...3 days later I got the letter with the code and they charged me £15 only...:D

Hi did they send the code to your contract/billing address or they will also send to the address given on the call. Also, did they ask for mobile number etc or just the MEIM number, I have bought it from ebay, contract and all is not on my name...

LeMotor
16th January 2006, 03:03 PM
...they send the code to your billing adress as well as you have to identify yourself as the contract owner when you speak to CS stuff, like birthday, password etc., but they need the IMEI number only...

Ben
16th January 2006, 03:52 PM
I guess you'll just have to give it a go, psacharya. Perhaps even say that you bough the phone second hand and so aren't a T-Mobile customer, then ask if they can unlock it for you if you give them the IMEI. Let us know what they say!

psacharya
17th January 2006, 03:17 PM
...they are bothered, just the IMEI number and the mobile number and 15£...another option the CS told is, moving it to another service like vodafone with some kind of code again..not full unlocking...which might be 15£ or less or free I guess...didn't bother to ask this option in detail.

Ben
17th January 2006, 04:06 PM
That's great! £15 is quite reasonable I guess. By mobile number though... do they mean the mobile number of the T-Mobile account is was bought on, or any old mobile number? :S Have you paid?

psacharya
19th January 2006, 02:07 PM
didn't get you

psacharya
19th January 2006, 02:47 PM
don't know if any t-mobile number would work...didn't ask...about that...even if you gave it and accepted it. they would send the unlock code to the address register for that mobile number I guess..