View Full Version : Vodafone TV Age Verification

3GScottishUser
18th December 2005, 09:28 AM
Browsing the Vodafone TV channels yesterday I noticed that some of the new ones (like HBO) require age verification. This is probably due to the content.

To view these restricted channels you have to confirm your age by providing a valid credit card number and you are charged £1. Vodafone then credit you with £2.50 once the registration is complete. They also advise that you use their content 'lock' facility so that minors cant access the restricted content once you have removed the bar.

I have not removed the content bar yet but will probably do so today as HBO generally have some good stuff worth watching.

Ben
18th December 2005, 12:04 PM
I removed mine some time ago, both on my datacard and my mobile. Vodafone also use their Content Control to block access to certain websites - fair enough - until I realised that they block certain free text messaging places. Disgusting. I'm fine with content control providing it can be removed, but using it to block legitimate services is so very Big Business.

Age verification shouldn't really be enabled by default on contracts IMHO, and certainly not on a corporate datacard. Sure, it should be available by request, but only on PAYG should it be switched on from the word go.