View Full Version : Saving vodafone live! Videos to External Memory?

CybaCowboy
21st December 2005, 05:31 AM
Is it possible to save videos downloaded from vodafone live! with 3G to the microSD/TransFlash card?

I've been playing around with the Z500v for ages now and can't work out how to get vodafone live! with 3G-purchased videos onto the microSD/TransFlash card...

Marqnet
24th December 2005, 12:25 PM
Hi and merry christmas. The only way i have found to do it is via the Samsung PC studio copying the files from one folder to another. Although mine does automatically downloads them to my card

Ben
24th December 2005, 01:20 PM
It does? That's curious. Did you have to change any settings to cause your Z500 to download to the card rather than main memory?

Do you both know your software versions? Could be a software thing...

Marqnet
28th December 2005, 06:35 PM
It does? That's curious. Did you have to change any settings to cause your Z500 to download to the card rather than main memory?

Do you both know your software versions? Could be a software thing...
It could be a software thingy..
My version is an unbranded flashed version Z500REX02.
i searched for unbranding software as the voda software was bugging me a tad and came up with the flashing software (using my original usb Lead) and a couple of different image files.. Phone's battery lasts a bit longer and the OS appears to run faster. Oh and ofcorse downloads to the mem card.. weird huh

CybaCowboy
28th December 2005, 10:17 PM
It could be a software thingy..
My version is an unbranded flashed version Z500REX02.
i searched for unbranding software as the voda software was bugging me a tad and came up with the flashing software (using my original usb Lead) and a couple of different image files.. Phone's battery lasts a bit longer and the OS appears to run faster. Oh and ofcorse downloads to the mem card.. weird huh

That's probably why it works, because it's generic firmware!

After all, Vodafone 3G/Vodafone UMTS is notorius for using Digital Rights Management (DRM) excessively...

My question however, was if it is possible to save purchased content to the microSD/TransFlash Card when using the vodafone live! with 3G firmware (yes, believe it or not, I actually prefer the vodafone live! with 3G firmware!).

Marqnet
30th December 2005, 05:14 PM
My question however, was if it is possible to save purchased content to the microSD/TransFlash Card when using the vodafone live! with 3G firmware (yes, believe it or not, I actually prefer the vodafone live! with 3G firmware!).

Well in answer to your question i have downloaded content on my transflash card before i upgraded my firmware to my current version. so i would presume the answer is yes.
I have however now noticed that when i go to download content now it gives me the option to choose the destination of download either the videos folder in the phone or videos folder on the transflash card..
would be interesting to see who else can do it..

Happy new year by the way:D

Marqnet
7th January 2006, 10:13 AM
On closer investigation i have found that since i upgraded the software on my Sung it gives me the option to download to phone or memory card. The issue is from the voda live site it says http error 503. I think its something to do with DRM

CybaCowboy
9th January 2006, 04:15 AM
I've since discovered that it really depends on the content more than anything...

Some content will save to the memory card, but others won't!

For example, 24: Conspiracy won't save to the memory card, but my (full-track) music will; ringing tones will save to the memory card, but certain other content won't...

Marqnet
9th January 2006, 08:20 AM
Doh How frustrating is that.. Yep i can download near enough everything except movie clips. Streaming video is ok

CybaCowboy
10th January 2006, 04:30 AM
Doh How frustrating is that..

Extremely frustrating!

lol