View Full Version : 3g on Vodafone....

Jack_Lord
23rd December 2005, 12:09 PM
I'm looking at changing my phone in the new year and am looking at possibly a Nokia n70 or a sharp 903 for their imaging prowess on my vodafone network. Does anyone recommend either-i'm inclining towards the Nokia but mayb'e the battery life is not all that hot. Is Sky mobile tv any good ? Thanks.

whatleydude
23rd December 2005, 12:34 PM
I'd recommend having a look in the Vodafone board for some Mobile TV reviews.. (its very good)

And then check the Nokia/Sharp boards for the info that you're after.

I personally upgraded from a 6630 to the N70 and I am very happy with my choice.

Welcome to Talk3G too!
:)

Ben
23rd December 2005, 12:52 PM
If you want the ultimate of imaging prowess then you want the Sharp 903 - as a camera it's pretty top notch. You might also want to consider the W900i which has autofocus. The N70 has the benefits of S60, so if you really want PDA-power, it's the one to buy.

Welcome to Talk3G!

Jack_Lord
23rd December 2005, 03:45 PM
Yes- i've had a look at the phone for a Demo, and i'm pretty impressed. 2 megapixel and optical zoom + the sky mobile reception looked pretty good. What with downloadable music available while browsing the net, i'd say the battery will be drained pdq. But i won't hold lack of battery life against it, it feels pretty good and is lighter than the Sharp 902/3, these phones are pretty hefty. The sliding camera function on the n70 is a good idea- but left wondering if it pops open in your pocket?

Ben
23rd December 2005, 04:36 PM
The Sharp 903 is 3.2mp + 2x optical zoom - the rest are 2mp with no optical zoom AFAIK.

On my 6680, which has a similar slide camera cover to the N70, it didn't used to come open in my pocket.

Battery life is indeed an issue on all 3G phones if you're using the more power-hungry features such as data transfer or anything that requires the screen to be on and active for long periods of time.