View Full Version : Nokia n70- a good buy ?

Jack_Lord
23rd December 2005, 03:49 PM
this phone seems highly impressive after i viewed a Demo. I've read the battery life is not too hot, the store tried convincing me of good battery life !!

But i use the Live! services alot, also GOOGLE on the web, and plan to watch plenty of Sky Mobile tv(if it's any good) and i also use the video function more than i use the actual phone for calls! Does anyone else recommend it ?

My present Sharp gx15 (candy bar) only contains 1.8mb memory, which is not too hot for storing limited video clips.....

Ben
23rd December 2005, 04:41 PM
Post moved - not a news article.

Having expandable memory, a la N70, is a big must for a 3G phone. You'll also enjoy the powerful S60 operating system and the raft of applications you can install. Browsing the net on a S60 handset is superb due to the array of mobile browsers you can install (Opera etc), but you have to watch that you don't have too many applications running at once or you'll get Out of Memory errors.

Vodafone's Mobile TV service is fantastic, but you need good 3G coverage.

Denyo1977
23rd December 2005, 07:48 PM
Does actually anyone else got this problem? At the beginning there was no problem watching Mobile TV. But now nearly every time I want to watch it I get the message "connection time out" on every channel. I have to restart the N70 and then it works perfectly normal. When I don't watch Mobile TV for a few hours I get the error message again. What could be the cause of this problem? And please don't give me the great advice to restart it every time :p

Hands0n
24th December 2005, 01:00 AM
I'm going to go for it being a memory problem - possibly a memory leak. But it may just be that you have too many apps running in memory and need to shut one or two of them down. It does happen like that a bit with my 6680, even things like the Call Log and Messages apps take up valuable phone memory.

It may also be a problem with your version of the OS - do a *#0000# and read off what OS version you are running and pop it on here, see if anyone else has the problem you describe with different/same version.

"Nokia N70- a good buy?" - Definitely, it is a well designed handset that has built on the success of the 6680. Battery life will depend on usage and the general condition of the battery itself. Some people get in a right old muddle with battery life, perhaps expecting too much at times. I keep a tight regime of recharging the li-ion batteries on my mobiles overnight and not try to stretch them to their rated standby times! They'll all happily last a full day of normal [for me] usage, although at times of heavy use the 3G handset batteries will peg out before the evening comes, requiring an interim top-up in the car or at home.

Denyo1977
24th December 2005, 12:49 PM
My version is v2.0536.0.2

Normally I don't have any other apps running.

maxspank
6th January 2006, 03:36 AM
Does actually anyone else got this problem? At the beginning there was no problem watching Mobile TV. But now nearly every time I want to watch it I get the message "connection time out" on every channel. I have to restart the N70 and then it works perfectly normal. When I don't watch Mobile TV for a few hours I get the error message again. What could be the cause of this problem? And please don't give me the great advice to restart it every time :p

Call vodafone. Its a brand new service, and there are going to be some problems (which is why they are giving it to you for free until 31st Jan)