View Full Version : Orange to Focus on Retention?

Ben
9th April 2005, 11:47 PM
Has anyone seen the (latest?) TV advert?

Basically it's about keeping your existing customers happy... but just when I was waiting for it to actually say something like "Orange customers can now get superexpensive handsets free when they upgrade" the advert just finished! So, wondering what the point of it was exactly, I ask you - Do you know what Orange has planned to keep it's existing customers happy?

I hope they pull out all the stops...

Jon3G
11th April 2005, 04:49 PM
Orange were very good at this at one point and over the last year they seem to be not very focused, hence the reason I left. However my father seems to get very good service and always gets what he wants

Ben
11th April 2005, 04:55 PM
Well a friend of mine didn't take an upgrade after his last 12 months finished, so they called and offered some extras for free as an incentive to stay - just some free text add-ons etc, but at least it makes the contract better value for money. Perhaps this is the kind of thing they're talking about?

solo12002
11th April 2005, 05:00 PM
New slogan!

All Talk - No Action maybe (lol)

Jon3G
11th April 2005, 05:02 PM
Well a friend of mine didn't take an upgrade after his last 12 months finished, so they called and offered some extras for free as an incentive to stay - just some free text add-ons etc, but at least it makes the contract better value for money. Perhaps this is the kind of thing they're talking about?

I agree, Orange did offer me a great deal before I left.

400 mins
500 texts
Orange world package
£30 a month

but they could not give me the phone I wanted

So I went for Voda 3G, but then again I did pay 150 for a V800 and wished I had stayed with Orange

Jon3G
11th April 2005, 05:03 PM
But I do like Voda and maybe I will be going back to Orange next year

Putterill
11th April 2005, 05:41 PM
I got 200 mins + 200 evening, 1000 evening texts in the first 6 months, 30 monthly texts, 50Mb downloads per month plus £135 credit and a free Sanyo through retentions for £30. The year before I got £100 off a Treo 600.

Always go to retentions when your contract is up, find a really good deal from another network (at the time I did it 3 were doing 12 months half price) and press them for the best they can do - don't accept the first offer but say you are close to deciding to stay if they could just improve a bit...

Skyblue
11th April 2005, 07:52 PM
I hope they do me some good deals next January when my term is up, would be really nice.
That's the reason I left o2 last year, the prices kept rocketing, freebies kept dropping and service stayed as bad as ever!