View Full Version : line rental increase after 4 days!

kai666
28th December 2005, 11:58 AM
I renewed my vodafone contract on the 12th of december. Have just recieved a letter that was delayed in the christmas post that they are putting my line rental up by £1, and reducing the minutes rolling over from 2 months to 1 month.

4 days! I'm more annoyed about the speed after the renewal than the increase itself!

Ben
28th December 2005, 12:51 PM
That's really harsh :S Are you still bound to the renewal after they've hiked the price? It might be worth giving them a talking to on principal... I certainly wouldn't be happy if they wrote to me saying I have to pay £1 more for less!

kai666
28th December 2005, 06:59 PM
The letter I got said that the contract could be cancelled before the price increases kick in (1st feb) If I could cancell and keep the phone, that would be good!!

Ben
28th December 2005, 08:33 PM
The phone *should* be your property - terminating the airtime agreement shouldn't force you to return the subsidised handset, but you're going to have to carefully read your terms and conditions. I strongly suggest you do, it could be well worth your while!

maxspank
6th January 2006, 03:31 AM
I renewed my vodafone contract on the 12th of december. Have just recieved a letter that was delayed in the christmas post that they are putting my line rental up by £1, and reducing the minutes rolling over from 2 months to 1 month.

4 days! I'm more annoyed about the speed after the renewal than the increase itself!

It's because you're on a really old priceplan, thats actually not availabe anymore. And the minutes rolling over for one month is standard on all the newer priceplans.