View Full Version : Shock Contract!!

getti
30th December 2005, 04:44 PM
I am normally refused for any type of credit especially phones. Today i went into town and went into The Link where there was a V3x on sale on Three and it said to ask for a demo.... which i did.

I thought 'what the hell i will try for it'. Sat down with the sales guy and was 99.99% expecting a decline to come back but.... NOPE!!. All went through 1st time.

I now have a Moto V3x on Video Talk & Text 700 with 1/2 price line rental for 6 months and a free phone!.

Either my credit has improved in a week or 3 are not as strict on contracts as they used to be.

I am now VERY happy

Ben
30th December 2005, 04:52 PM
Grats on that! The credit daemons can't last forever, so perhaps this is a sign of brighter credit times ahead! Just don't go applying for anything else requiring credit checks for the next 3 months or so and keep up those repayments :D

Hands0n
30th December 2005, 05:08 PM
Well done that man. I don't think that 3 are getting any softer with their credit requirements - but you must be doing something right to be getting the correct credit rating scores with whomever they check with (normally someone like Equifax, there are a few about). You could, if you were curious, ask 3 who they use and then apply to that Credit Reference agency for a copy of their data on you. They are obliged to give it to you - but will make a small charge for the info. Then you can see what has been written about you. Your previous credit refusals will be there - you may need someone in the know to explain what the acronyms mean (I did !!!).

That Video T&T 700 is a very keen priceplan - Last year I got T&T600 and put the Video Value Add On which makes it the same cost £35 with unlimited video downloads, 20 mins videocall and 20 video messages. Unlike your new priceplan I have to pay for picturemessages Win some, lose some!

Are you going to do one of your splendid reviews on the V3x then?

getti
30th December 2005, 05:26 PM
Yep once i have used for a bit.

Also now i am on a contract phone prices are much much less. The Nokia N80 will be out on 3 1st and i can upgrade anytime after 3 months at a cost (if i want).

On my plan an upgrade for N80 will be about £200-£225 so when you think Sim Free its gonna be about £500.

However i am not thinking about upgrading yet lol. Geez i only had the phone since midday :D

Ben
30th December 2005, 05:40 PM
lol it's really hard not to think forward to the N80, isn't it! Lets just hope they don't make us wait too long... I don't plan on buying anything else between now and then!

P.S. Please, for the sake of my sanity, keep this number for a while :p PLEASE!

getti
30th December 2005, 05:47 PM
Dont worry i will :D .

@NickyColman
30th December 2005, 05:52 PM
Its amazing how those guys in Phones4U, TheLink and CPW managed to get people past a credit check! Me and my friend went to P4U to get me a contract, my mate, knowing fine well he wouldnt be able to get the same contract decided to have a go.

First attempt and he was rejected. So the sales bloke "ammended" some of his details. Second attempted and he was accepted.

Just shows you what sales people can do to get a sale!:D

getti
30th December 2005, 06:13 PM
I am still shocked it went though :D