View Full Version : New Data Add-Ons Due

getti
4th January 2006, 03:47 PM
Aparantly there will be 2 new data add-ons coming to Three this month or early next month.

1 will offer 56mb for a set fee and the other will offer data for the casual user which i think will be 5mb for say £4.

These will be for contract customers to start with and then eventually Threepay.

Seems like the wall is coming down bit by bit

3GScottishUser
4th January 2006, 05:38 PM
Yes looks like it, but remember there are huge areas of the country where 3 have no 3G coverage and I don't think they offer browsing or web access via 02's GPRS on any of their current products.

So this might be OK if you live in a high population area where there is lots of 3G but maybe not so good if you have to travel especially in rural areas in Scotland or Wales.

getti
4th January 2006, 06:58 PM
afaik data will work over both 2G and 3G connections. Once the 2 new ones come out i will add one to my account and test it out.

Still is better offer than other networks deals and they have the best coverage for 3G

3GScottishUser
5th January 2006, 10:44 AM
Looking at the 3 website there is no mention of servicxe availability outwith 3's own coverage areas for either Wireless Web or Mobile Websites. 3 offer e-mail and ringtones on some handsets via GPRS but I think it would be worth checking if their data add-on has fallback if you intend to use the service on the move.

It'll be interesting to hear what happens re the above.

3GsINgH
5th January 2006, 06:52 PM
the data add ons do not work when the phone is out of 3g coverage however if you bookmark a site then you should be able to get on that if you are in a 2g area

solo12002
5th January 2006, 08:09 PM
These will be for contract customers to start with and then eventually Threepay.

Shame as most of their users are pay as you go, as they have given access to contract holders it might of been a nice step to let the Pay As You Go Users have the service as well, at this stage they have tried it