View Full Version : Creating Folders on the Memory Card (Z500V)?

CybaCowboy
7th January 2006, 12:49 AM
How in the hell do I create folders on the memory card?

I can create folders on the phone (Pictures/Videos/Ringtones/Sounds/Themes/Other files-->Options-->Create folder), but on the memory card, I'm given no such opportunity!

I have an SGH-Z500V (the "vodafone live! with 3G" version of the SGH-Z500)...

Marqnet
7th January 2006, 10:09 AM
Hi Cyba I have played with this a few times before i upgraded my sofware and comparing the 2 together I noticed that the VF live software phones use uppercase charecters in there file structure compares to lower case (thats the difference part) i also noticed that using a memory card reader you can creat folders but the phone will not see the folder as it has its own file name structure. I will have a look now and see what it says on mine but if my memory serves me when i named a folder outside the normal folder names used it could not see the new folder. I will confirm in a jiffy

CybaCowboy
9th January 2006, 04:21 AM
Hi Cyba I have played with this a few times before i upgraded my sofware and comparing the 2 together I noticed that the VF live software phones use uppercase charecters in there file structure compares to lower case (thats the difference part) i also noticed that using a memory card reader you can creat folders but the phone will not see the folder as it has its own file name structure. I will have a look now and see what it says on mine but if my memory serves me when i named a folder outside the normal folder names used it could not see the new folder. I will confirm in a jiffy

Let me get this right- you're saying I can't create folders because the phone doesn't support lowercase letters in the filing system (eg. for folders and the like)?

You'd be wrong- I'm a perfectionist and all of my files/folders and given names in the correct case (eg. Digital Audio)!