View Full Version : Z500/Z500V Alarm Clock?

CybaCowboy
9th January 2006, 07:23 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to find the alarm clock on my phone!

Where in the menu is the alarm clock on the Z500/Z500V?

3g-g
9th January 2006, 05:21 PM
Just a guess here, but going from the old Samsung my missus had the alarm clock function was within the calander section... allowed you to set an alarm to occur every day at a specific time without needing to do it every night before you went to sleep, e.g. Mon - Fri at 7am...

If that's not correct I'm sure one of the other Z500 owners will set us straight!

3GScottishUser
9th January 2006, 07:30 PM
Absolutely correct, you have to use the planner/calendar to set the alarm. Its available from the options menu on the left soft key once you set an event.

CybaCowboy
10th January 2006, 04:25 AM
Absolutely correct, you have to use the planner/calendar to set the alarm. Its available from the options menu on the left soft key once you set an event.

So there's no stand-alone alarm clock, only the one within the calendar?

3GScottishUser
10th January 2006, 08:14 AM
That is correct you have to set an event within the calendar to use the alarm function.

maxspank
10th January 2006, 11:56 PM
The z500 has 3 different alarms you can set, as a stand alone alarm, not in the calendar.

Men>Applications> then press the right direction key, which will then display Wake up alarm, Alarm 1 and Alarm 2

CybaCowboy
11th January 2006, 04:13 AM
The z500 has 3 different alarms you can set, as a stand alone alarm, not in the calendar.

Men>Applications> then press the right direction key, which will then display Wake up alarm, Alarm 1 and Alarm 2

Yeah, i found that by accident last night...

I think I must be bloody blind!

lol

3GScottishUser
11th January 2006, 09:31 AM
First i knew of it!!!

I haver always used the calendar to get an alarm before.

Handy having these..... Cheers!

maxspank
11th January 2006, 11:50 PM
I work in a vodafone call centre, its a common question with samsung z500 and z140. It is pretty well hidden.

CybaCowboy
12th January 2006, 02:33 AM
I work in a vodafone call centre, its a common question with samsung z500 and z140. It is pretty well hidden.

Well after finding the stand-alone alarm, I went through the menus and it turns out that the "Applications" menu is the only menu that has two sides to it (with the obvious exception of "My Files")!

So it's quite easy to see how someone could easily miss it, considering the only indication of an additional menu to the right is a tiny folder icon at the top of the screen...