View Full Version : Six Feet Under - HBO Mobile on Vodafone TV

Ben
9th January 2006, 10:39 PM
Well, having never seen Six Feet Under before, I've started watching it on HBO Mobile as I mentioned. Last night I watched the third episode. I've been quite lucky so far - I tune in randomly once a week and seem to catch the next installment! Sometimes it means watching half a Sex and the City first, but hey, boffered!

Anyway, until now I've been using the handset speaker while watching. The handset speaker points backwards and, due to the compression on the audio track combined with the quality of the external speaker, I've often had to 'cup' the phone with my hands in order to hear the dialogue correctly.

Last night I plugged in the (abs0lutely fantastic) supplied headphones and listened via them. Unsurprisingly the experience was far more enjoyable. The programming still stops every 30 minutes, but one stop during an episode is acceptable given that it takes just two keypresses to instantly start watching again. I'd like Vodafone to change that timeout to an hour though.

So, yes. Unlike when I used Orange TV (MobiTV), Vodafone TV has succeeded in allowing me to watch actual programmes that interest me (Six Feet Under seems to be very good!) comfortably and in a high enough quality that I don't feel I'm missing anything. Infact I feel like I'm 'getting into it' more than I would be with a standard television.

All this must bode well for the forthcoming music DJ service...

Denyo1977
9th January 2006, 11:03 PM
Same here! I never watched Six feet under before. Watched the first episode on MobileTV more by accident and enjoyed it. This and Spongebob is real fun :D

3GScottishUser
10th January 2006, 08:22 AM
Having looked briefly at the HBO programming I suspect it will be a big hit with many Vodafone 3G customers. Great value too as it's part of the 'extras' TV pack and the current Vodafone price after Jan 31st is being quoted at £2.50/month.

Bargain!!