View Full Version : Browser font size

CybaCowboy
12th January 2006, 03:59 AM
When I go into my phone's browser and try to change the font size (Options-->Advanced-->Browser settings-->Look & feel-->Font size), nothing happens!

No matter what size I have it set to (Very Small/Small/Medium/Large), it doesn't actually do anything; the text just stays the same size!

Why is this and how can this be rectified (if possible)?

Ben
12th January 2006, 07:38 AM
Is it the same for absolutely all sites you browse? It could be that sites that define their font sizes cannot be overridden, as is sometimes the case in Internet Explorer when you change the font size but the page has been stylesheeted to display in a certain way.

CybaCowboy
12th January 2006, 11:17 PM
Is it the same for absolutely all sites you browse? It could be that sites that define their font sizes cannot be overridden, as is sometimes the case in Internet Explorer when you change the font size but the page has been stylesheeted to display in a certain way.

I've not yet visited any sites outside of vodafone live!, so maybe this is the case...

However, I have heard rumors online that this issue is prevailant with all sites!

Does anyone have a Z500/Z500V and want to test a third-party site to confirm whether the font setting takes effect?

maxspank
13th January 2006, 12:13 AM
Ok well I tried to go to a random but was blocked by content control (it was only tagtag.com. I hate content control!) but the font size does change on the Access Restricted page, so it must work

CybaCowboy
14th January 2006, 03:01 AM
Ok well I tried to go to a random but was blocked by content control (it was only tagtag.com. I hate content control!) but the font size does change on the Access Restricted page, so it must work

We don't have that content control (yet)!:p

Interesting that vodafone live! is using cascading style sheets; I wasn't aware that WAP sites were using them...

Ben
14th January 2006, 12:13 PM
Vodafone's content control will get them in trouble sooner or later... they block a lot of legitimate content that 'disagrees' with their business objectives - such as sites allowing you to send free texts! Still, it's turned off easily enough.

I guess they're not really WAP sites anymore, they're fancy XHTML things by now I'd imagine if it detects your phone has a compatible browser. Try connecting a PC over the mobile and then bringing up the mobile content in your web browser perhaps... that'd let you view the source and see what's going on.