View Full Version : Orange Billing Change

Ben
14th January 2006, 12:09 PM
Shortly Orange will stop sending VAT invoices to its customers. The VAT invoice is to be replaced with a 'Statement of Account'. I can only assume this has something to do with the combination of mobile and ISP offerings the rebranded Orange/Wanadoo will be providing.

If you still wish to receive your VAT invoice, as I do, you must text 'vat' to 1230 or call 170. I suggest just sending the text!

fat jez
15th January 2006, 12:39 PM
The reason that they are changing the bill format is that if a company issues a VAT invoice, they must immediately pay the government the VAT due, whether the customer has paid the invoice or not. If they issue a regular invoice the VAT only becomes payable when the customer pays.

Cheers,
Jez

crowfield99
15th January 2006, 02:07 PM
Free Orange Money Saving Tips :D

Ben
15th January 2006, 02:19 PM
loll thanks for that Jez. I hadn't thought of that. Orange really are tightening their drawstrings, eh?!

3g-g
15th January 2006, 10:58 PM
It really wouldn't surprise me if all the networks do the exact same over the next few weeks! It must be a whole load of cash they all have to fork out, and although the minority, there'll be a lot of folk who hang back on paying their bills or not pay them at all!