View Full Version : Data Charges

miffed
18th January 2006, 03:10 PM
Why is it such a big secret ?

Just been onto Voda's website - Trying to find out how much my GPRS woukld cost me (should I decide to use it - I get 1000 mins (off peak ) 500 texts plus a £25 extras pack -(which entitles me to £60 worth of messages or GPRS ) all for £8 pm - all because of vodafones cock up :)

So I am trying to find out how much £60 worth of data actually is ! I look on the GPRS FAQ page and find this gem

how much does it cost

You only pay for the amount of data you send or receive, so there's no charge for staying connected whilst you write e-mails or when you're reading through a page that you've downloaded.

So THATS how much it costs it it ? cheers voda :confused:

So I navigate further .........

how much does it cost ? (there's that misleading title again :( )

If you choose to use your mobile phone as a modem, there are no additional monthly subscriptions, contracts or set up fees. You only pay for the data you send and receive, not the length of time you are on-line. For extra value, we’ve enhanced our extras packs to give you even more data for your money!

Vodafone Internet Access is available on both pay-as-you-talk and pay-monthly price plans. If you use the internet frequently, a contract plan is the most cost-effective option.

Monthly Charge

Saving

Rounded Saving

£3.00

48.9%

49%

£6.00

49.9%

50%

£14.00

53.1%

53%

£25.00

58.3%

58%

£40.00

66.6%

66%

Still no wiser !!

There was a link at the bottom of the page that says "view price plans - which leads to the shop and all the data specific price plans - but ALL want to know is HOW MUCH I'LL GET CHARGED PER MB FOR DATA OUT OF MY EXTRAS PACK !!! Please don't make me endure your awful CS Vodafone :( :(
Besides , whatever your rep eventually tells me (after hours of mucking about) will probably be wrong anyway :(

I REALLY HATE VODAFONE :mad:

whatleydude
18th January 2006, 03:12 PM
Have you called 191 and asked them?

miffed
18th January 2006, 03:21 PM
Have you called 191 and asked them?

No trying to avoid that ! my experience of Voda's CS makes H3G's look like a team of Brain surgeons on amphetamines - Plus I cannot believe a word they say , I really need to see it in writing for referral in a few weeks when they cock it up :(

miffed
18th January 2006, 03:25 PM
Ahhh, found it ! £2.35 per MB

(Had to come out of their site and search Via Google , lol )

Ben
18th January 2006, 04:45 PM
Lol, well done. It used to tell you somewhere when you selected your tariff - you could click for more details and it'd give you all your call charges etc - it is indeed £2.35/mb which I can only assume is the rate applied to the Extras Pack.

miffed
19th January 2006, 09:03 AM
To give credit where credit is due ....

At least I am able to check via Voda's online billing during the month so I don't get any nasty surprises on bill day

Quite useful - I can see actually watch them making mistakes on my account in realtime (well, within 72hrs) - wonders of modern technology eh ?

I suppose I'd better start using my Vodafone account now - Now my Exec has been "demoted" to second phone (MDA vario being the primary :) -unlocked and on o2 of course ;) ) I'll keep the Voda sim in it for now and give it a whirl

Suffice to say , I have finally got my life sorted , and now have contracts running with all of the big 4 , and no contract with 3 ! hooray :D

Ben
19th January 2006, 12:14 PM
and now have contracts running with all of the big 4
You're quite crazy, y'know that! Still, it must be insightful to have current experience of where each network is at.

miffed
21st January 2006, 08:30 PM
Yeah , it's nice to know I am getting a perspective into all of their perfomance

I'd say as far as CS goes these are my rankings so far -

1 - T-mobile / o2 (equally good)
2 - Orange (my former favourite)
3 - Three (still connected till the end of next week - didn't realise , lol )
4- My little boy - (he has a pair of walkie talkies & is much more help than..)
5- Vodafone - no comment :mad: :eek: :mad: :( :mad:

And as for network performance .....

Well , I am surprised to report - NO ISSUES , with ANY of em ! (well ,except the Three account , which hasn't been used since well before Xmas