View Full Version : V600i Problems?

Dave
22nd January 2006, 10:35 PM
Hi i've reasently just got a sony ericsson v600i on contract upgrade but currently having a few problems one is currently on trying to get the 3G/Wap settings activated.

I have had the settings sent to the phone on more than one occasion which have been installed(via ... the vodafone website) but all i just keep on getting is check internet settings.

I am also not able to send or receive picture messages, the next problem is now and again the phone display will change to emergency calls only after a short while this will then change back to vodafone uk so am not to sure if this issue is a network coverage problem or a fault with the handset.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ...

3GScottishUser
22nd January 2006, 11:15 PM
You should be able to get Vodafone Live straight out of the box as all Vodafone handsets come preconfigured for instant use. MMS is a different story as I recall having to have my (new) Vodafone account activated for this service even although I have a data bundle on my account.

A quick call to Vodafone CS should solve the problem and if not I would be asking for a replacement.

Ben
22nd January 2006, 11:45 PM
Hmm the display switching to Emergency Calls doesn't sound good... could be a network problem in your area? If the net settings still don't work when you're in a different area then it sounds like the phone is a dud, otherwise there might be bigger issues.

Definitely keep on at Vodafone CS - don't accept second rate.

Dave
23rd January 2006, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the advice, will give em a call !

maxspank
23rd January 2006, 12:40 PM
sounds like you might need to activate the settings on your phone, not sure how on the v600i but you should look for where the settings are stored and make sure that contract wap is set as default.

Ben
23rd January 2006, 04:20 PM
In Settings > Connectivity > Internet Settings > Internet Profiles I have "Vodafone GPRS" selected and everything works fine. These are actually from the V600i settings as there were no W900i settings when I bought my phone.

Dave
23rd January 2006, 11:05 PM
Phoned vodafone cs young lady who seemed helpful enough, explained my problems with regards the 3g/wap settings, turns out they needed to activate something on there end connected to my number/sim was asked to switch the handset off for around 1 hour and had forwarded the issue to one of there network engineers. Switched the handset back on just over an hour and by luck seems to be working :)

As for the emergency calls only switching apparently it does this if the handset goes out of coverage, since then i've not had any problems at present. :rolleyes:

Ben
24th January 2006, 12:05 AM
Ah good. How Vodafone can ship a handset without everything being correctly enabled at their end is a little beyond me... they need to tighten that up. Anyway, keep us posted on how you and your handset get on, and let us know if any more questions crop up! Welcome to Talk3G!