View Full Version : Instant advice needed!!!

@NickyColman
2nd February 2006, 10:27 AM
Ok, in another thread i stated how my current Nokia 6280 has crashed which I have had to send back. This means that my contract with Three will also be terminated.

At the moment Three have no other Nokias available, and their current handset range does not interest me.

However, I have seen a good £25 a month contract with O2 Online with a Nokia N70.

But im in two minds whether to go back to O2 where my 3G coverage at the moment is non-existant! OR whether i should stick with Three in the hope i can get a better handset, Nokia preferably, any time soon?!

Any advice appreiciated!!

Ben
2nd February 2006, 10:42 AM
Mhm, can you not just have the 6280 replaced somehow rather than having to terminate? I know that the de-facto advice is to cancel the contract if the initial handset is faulty within the cool-off period, but if you really want the phone then maybe it's worth hanging on for. Have you asked Three if they'll dispatch a replacement 6280?

The N80 is on the horizon...

@NickyColman
2nd February 2006, 10:45 AM
The numerous bad reports ive heard about the 6280 i have heard have discouraged me from wanting another. To be honest id rather keep away from the handset and not have endless arguments with CS in order to get a working one.

Ben
2nd February 2006, 12:01 PM
Mhm you've got a point. I guess it has to go then :( I can't really think of a good replacement right now though! :(

@NickyColman
2nd February 2006, 12:12 PM
Ive decided to go with an N70 on an O2 3G contract!! WOO!!

Ben
2nd February 2006, 12:27 PM
Mobile has it that the drought on 6280's is about to end and that new batches of stock should soon be readily available. I did notice it had vanished from my local CPW yesterday, 3 have obviously been wrestling with this one.

Still, we should finally see it go mainstream now.

Grats on the N70 contract, and good luck with O2 3G!

@NickyColman
2nd February 2006, 12:33 PM
Well at the moment, there is NO O2 3G coverage in my area. But its a great tarrif and 2G speeds arnt too bad. Plus O2 have agressively rolled-out 3G in surrounding cities in recent months. So it shouldnt be too long before i get 3G.

3GScottishUser
2nd February 2006, 05:29 PM
02 have the best 3G signal where I stay. I have had 3 (as you know) and also have Vodafone 3G as my main contract phone but an updated 3G enabled SIM was provided by 02 free of charge and I use that in my old Motorola a835. It used to drive me nuts dropping calls all over the place on 3 but I quite liked the brick because it actually feels good quality and does a lot for the £50 it cost me.

I use 02 3G on PAYG and its not yet dropped a call. I also use it for videocalls (occasionally) as 02 charge the same for those as they do for voice just now.

I think you have made a wise move and hope you enjoy the N70, it looks a good choice.

Hands0n
2nd February 2006, 08:52 PM
Yea good one bleubean - the 6280 has had a rather unsteady start, and not inspiring confidence in me.

O2's 3G is on the way up, and they'll not be left behind the pack if they can help it. So long as you can stand the wait, I'm sure you'll not be disappointed.

@NickyColman
2nd February 2006, 09:55 PM
Well ive had symbian before so i know itll be a great handset. I just want 3G to hurry its ass up to my area so i can take advantage of the faster speeds and cheap videocalling!

Ben
2nd February 2006, 09:58 PM
Of course, O2's video for voice offer is truly exemplary and should be the norm really until 3G handset penetration reaches a level where encouraging video calling take-up is no longer necessary.

The Telefonica deal also makes now an exciting time to join O2.