View Full Version : Introduce yourself!

Ben
2nd February 2006, 12:43 PM
Hello to you all.

As our community expands it has been suggested that an area for introductions would be useful. This thread, then, is an opportunity to post a little bit about yourself and read up on other members, making getting to know the forum's familiar faces just a little bit easier.

My name's Ben and I'm the Talk3G.co.uk Administrator. I'm self-employed, working in media, specifically online advertising, and SMS. I mostly use Vodafone and Orange, with my first 3G experience an e606 on Three at launch, and then a Z1010 'trialist' on Orange in August '04.

I'm an avid 3G enthusiast and strongly believe in Talk3G as a commercially unrestricted haven for free, focussed discussion.

So that's me. Who the hell are you? ;)

Yssybyl
2nd February 2006, 01:58 PM
Interesting idea :)

So here goes...

I stumbled across this site while working on Nokia's N70 in 2005 and stuck around because it promotes discussion without the flaming that so often occurs on forums (even the moderated ones).

Although I no longer work for Nokia, or indeed on mobile phones at all, I still know people who can help, and pass on any problems you guys are having. I have my finger in several (own business) pies at the moment while holding down a full time role as an IT systems architect... so if any of you admit to any useful skills I may have to pick your brains :)

The N70 I got given during development was my first 3G experience (previously only ever using a mobile for SMS and (incoming) calls), and it was great to try it all out without having to pay for it ;) I switched to Vodafone after years on O2 mainly due to the customer service in the shop when I went in to buy a SIM (as I'd already got my own SIM free phone from Nokia). I know I'm not using all the funky 3g features as yet, but I think that's mainly me trying to keep my phone bill down :) - couldn't do without the streaming tv though - great for "at desk" entertainment ;)

Look forward to reading about the rest of you ...

whatleydude
2nd February 2006, 02:16 PM
Well..

My name's James and I found this site whilst looking for helpful hints about making the most of my Nokia 6630.
This place was very helpful and the members are cool too - so I stuck around. I run my own forum which often has a few mobile related topics but I prefer coming here for good old fashioned hard core phone chat! lol

I love my mobile and am happy to admit it.
I've been with Vodafone since I was 16 and although I've had a few brief forays into other networks (namely Three and Orange) I've always come back to Vodafone.
I try to keep on top of developments in the mobile world and I'm an avid Nokia fan. My friends often tell me I should work for them in PR or as a Sales Consultant as more often than not they ask me for advice on their next phone.. not the man/woman in the shop!
My first 3G experience was with the NEC e606 when they first launched..
My ex partner and I both got the phones and we both cancelled the whole thing within three months after getting sick of all the (what is now known as) 'teething problems'.
I've since been through an N70 and I've recently got an N73 and I'm very happy(ish) with it.
I now work for a Mobile Content Provider and I love it. Best job I've ever had.

3g-g
2nd February 2006, 07:02 PM
Oooo, it's almost like speed dating!

Well, my name's Graham, I'm one of the Moderators here at T3G... In my real life I'm a GSM and UMTS network engineer for a certain fruit based telecommunications company, no prize for who works that out!

I've been in the industry for just over 5 years, dealing with the bits that make your phones work, everything behind that green button press is what I do, everything you don't see or really care about! You may see me hanging from some structure 120Ft up, so remember to look! I have a genuine interest in the technology in general, which makes work much easier, it's great to see that there are other people as interested in the topic of 3G as I am!

I've been with all the networks at one point or another, 3 and Voda in the form of PAYG, however I do have the ability to use all the networks here in the UK if I need to. Currently with a 6680, I've also got a Mobile office card, a Sanyo s750, the SE z1010 and a SE k600i... so it's 3G coming outa my ears!

No, I can't get you free phones or top up vouchers, but I will try and help if you have a genuine problem, as will all the other team members!

G.

P.S. I'm a Sagittarius ;) *Ding* time to move on already?!

Hands0n
2nd February 2006, 08:46 PM
I might well be the grand-daddy of the regular T3G team of mods :) The name's Danny for those that want to know. Its the same for those who dont.

I've been involved in IT generally since the days before it was called IT. Leaving school as a spotty 16-year old in 1970 I got into the Post Office Telegraph Service, leaving it two years later to go into The City, and throughout the years worked my way onto and up the greasy pole of what is now termed IT Management.

I started out in Telecommunications and later broadened into the Networks and Systems arena. My fascination with cellular mobile telephony came about in 1984 when Cellnet was birthed. A pair of car phones installed in attache cases was the closest to "handheld" we could get to at that time. True handhelds came around a bit later (there is a photo of mine in the forum somewhere, ATACS it is too, whoohoooooo!). The sheer thought of being able to walk and talk was inspirational, I was hooked.

So through the years, doing the IT Manager job, I was able to be a significant part of the firm's developing use of mobile telephony through analogue (1G) to GSM (2G) and almost into 3G. During the years I've witnessed all four of the incumbents come about, with all that entails.

Taking my leave of The City I have gone into the IT Consultancy/Management business for myself. It is important to keep abreast of the technologies so there is lots of need for hands-on as well as theoretical study. That all gives me a good opportunity to actually play with a number of devices through the birth of 3G from the pair of NEC e606 (still got 'em) to my latest and greatest SE W900i. Network-wise my practical experience is with all of them in one way or another. But in terms of 3G, then it is 3 (of course) and Vodafone - I observe the others and find Talk3G an excellent place to learn of others experiences with the networks and handsets that I have not [yet] played with.

I find 3G the most thrilling cellular mobile technology to date, even given its practical limitations and lack of maturity at this time. Like 2G was developed and enhanced we are already seeing 3G take the same steps (i.e. HSDPA). All of this and to be able to make a phone call or send a text too? Most excellent :D

@NickyColman
2nd February 2006, 10:29 PM
Well my time in the phone-world is short and very sweet.

I received my first phone as a 15 year old as a birthday present. It was a "classic" Motorola CSomethingorother on Orange Pay & Go (in the day when you could only send 10 free texts that day HA HA i send that before i get out of bed.).

Since then i have been with every network except Vodafone. I dont no why I just havent been that attracted to them. My "home" network would have to be O2. It seems i go through brief flirtations with other networks, but i always return to O2.

To date i have had 19 phones in my 5 mobile years, soon to be 20.

I found Talk3G .......ok i cant remember exactly how, but it was on "another" forum.

By the way, im 20 and the names Nick.

Interesting fact; Im colour blind. HAHA!

Gagz
3rd February 2006, 02:04 AM
My little life story.. i remember it like it was 6months ago, oh wait it was.

It was a cold cold evening (might of been hot cause it was summer) and i was on MSN with Ben and he was threatining me with something unless i joined talk3G. So i joined then i done a review of my 902 and mentioned something like it weighs the same as 8 £2 coins so thats my title now *Thank you ben :P git*. And yeh ive enjoyed my time here need more members mind :)

Gagz

maxspank
7th February 2006, 12:13 AM
Hi I'm MaxSpank. My real name is Mark for those who are interested. I can't really remember how I found this place, it was probably on Google by accident. I'm glad I did because there's lots of useful topics here.

so a little about me;

I work for Vodafone Customer Services, and I like my job. I try and help every customer as much as I can, and I feel good that I am good at my job. ( I deal with billing, network issues, product service support for both contract and pay as you talk customers, I am what is known as multi-skilled) I hope I'll be of some use around here and I can see this is a good support network for me as well, as it does further my knowledge as I see what your problems are and how you get that fixed which I then in turn can help out my customers with similar problems.

The phones I own are the Samsung Z500 on Vodafone and the N70 on Orange. I'm happy with my phones (except for the darn Orange Homescreen, but that's not for here) the Z500 is my first 3G phone, but I can't use 3G services as I'm not covered in my town.

In my spare time, I write and make short films, and am currently writing a comedy spoof of a TV show.

That's me, your friendly neighbourhood spank machine!

Alio
22nd July 2006, 08:39 PM
Hi to all that are interested!

My name is Alistair, I'm from Wiltshire UK.......I have been involved in mobile Internet development since I got my first wap phone.......the Nokia 7110........"how things have moved on".

I currently help run a newly launched UK on-line mobile web site community service "www.wizmysite.com (http://www.wizmysite.com)" which enables non technical users to quickly and easily build full colour rich media mobile optimised XHTML web sites viewable on new generation 2.5/3G smartphones and PC web browsers.

We are constantly developing this new service and would very much value your support or any feedback - (good or bad) to help us improve things!

Anyway........this a great forum, chat soon!

Alio

http://www.wizmysite.com (http://www.wizmysite.com)- The UK's New Generation Mobile Web Site Community
(Create Your Own Mobile Web Site - Share Your World - It's Free & Easy!)

alby
26th July 2006, 02:27 PM
hello all

I recently purchased an unlocked sharp 903, and whilst looking for settings for virgin mobile (rather than vodaphone),
I came accross this site (settings still not found), the site looks good so I joined.
I have been with computing in one form or another for as long as I can remember (approx 34 years) and am currently working as an IT Manager.
As far as 3G goes this is my first step and at present have not got my phone working (for 3G). I believe that a certain amount of convergence (mobiles, landline, VOIP, cameras etc) is inevitable, bringing a new dimension to readily available information for the user, however time will tell.

Alan.

getti
26th July 2006, 08:49 PM
Hi Alby welcome to the site. I think i might be able to help you out with settings for the 903.

Expect a PM a little later tonight :)

Ben
26th July 2006, 11:43 PM
Expect a PM a little later tonight :)
Please do post them, one of you, if you get them working!

Frasman77
27th July 2006, 10:06 PM
Unlike the majority of people here I have no background in technology or IT, - in fact it's in the law, and not even in anything faintly tech-related such as intellectual property. I have however had a lifelong interest in all things gadgety which I think I developed around about the time I got my sinclair spectrum 48k+, (circa 1983 I think), aged 6 ish. In 1999 in my dissertation for my honours year at uni I predicted that OFTEL would eventually have to become a general communications regulator as the inevitable convergence of telecoms, broadcasting and the internet meant the old model of having regulators for each sector was rapidly becoming obsolete. Since then it's been interesting to see that convergence actually taking place, although I don't think it's clear yet what the eventual end of the process will be.

I found this forum whilst considering upgrading to 3g last year - after sounding out a few people here for some helpful advice I settled on the 6680 and was glad I did. I'm now patiently waiting for the n73 and as usual never cease to be amazed at the difference a year makes to phone technology.

andymc001
28th July 2006, 01:55 PM
I skipped over this part when i joined so thoutght i'd do it now, My name's Andy, i'm 22 and i'm a newly qualified computing teacher.

My first phone was a Phillips PH-301 (I think) one of the very first orange PAYG phones, then it was a 3310, 3330, Motorola V66, Nokia 6100, 6230, 6630 and now a K800i.

delanz
31st July 2006, 12:13 PM
Hi all, I'm Azlan from Malaysia. I'm 28 btw. An accounting teacher. Computers and tech as a hobby. Got here while looking for issues with Nokia 6280. A calm forum, nice atmosphere. Started using handphones in 2001 (when I was 23, quite late huh), with Nokia 3310. Then Nokia 3200 and now Nokia 6280. I have a three year cycle before changing to new handphones. So I'll be using Nokia N-something in 2009, hehe. Still waiting for 3G to be launched at my area.

Mobile phones is a big trend here in Malaysia where even for school students who doesn't have income, use more expensive handphones than those who are working! I was embarassed to show my handset prior to buying 6280, hehehe. The difference is for the kiddies, they always have zero prepaid credit thus unable to make calls. Just to show off their phones...

Another scenario here is many people bought the Nokia's Symbian based handset, but doesn't truly utilize it's true potential. Other than installing mp3 ringtones and few games, thats it. Maybe because the lack of knowledge or the buying desicion was greatly influenced by the seller.

Phree
1st August 2006, 04:44 PM
Hi all,

another new member :) Kept seeing the link to here in one of Monsieur getti's sigs and meant to come and join...Took me a while, but I'm finally here. 34yrs old, live on the South Coast currently enjoying my N70!

Nice place you've got around here, I look forward to increasing my post count!

3g-g
21st August 2006, 01:21 AM
Well,

It's nice to read about you all! We're glad to see that you're enjoying Talk3G! However... I think there's about 1290 of you that have yet to introduce yourselves! So, to quote Admin, "who the hell are you!?" ;)

G

lc2407
21st August 2006, 10:10 PM
Hi there, my name's Louise and I've just come across this site while searching the net to see if I can find the drivers for my new phone (will post that question elsewhere!)
Well for a start I'm no techie!!:confused: Have had lots of mobiles over the last 12-13 years, my first one was a motorola "flip" phone, then went through a few nokias 3210, 3330 etc., a samsung, a motorola v525, nokia 6680 and as of yesterday an LG U400.
My only link with mobile phones work wise was when they first launched them to the "man on the street" I was working in telephone debt collection and we had the contract for cellnet, we got to play with a mobile phone and they were saying how they wanted it to be normal for someone to walk through town talking on a mobile phone "oh yeah right!" we all thought.....and look at us now!!
I've nearly always been on Vodafone, after starting out with cellnet ('cos I got a discount!)Went onto 3 last year mainly because I got more for my money.
Never used all the features of 3G so hoping to learn lots here.;)

Lou x

P.S. I'm not the only woman round her am I?

getti
21st August 2006, 11:10 PM
Welcome to the forum. Just a quite note that i did see your post about the LG U400 driver/software and am looking for a solution for you.... hopefully tonight.

:)

3g-g
21st August 2006, 11:13 PM

No, you're not the only woman round here, there are a few! God, we'll need to put female bathrooms in now! Jeez! ;)

Glad to have you on board.

G.

lc2407
21st August 2006, 11:39 PM
That's okay, I don't mind using the Gents, done it a few times previously (usually when I've had a few and there's a massive queue at the ladies!!)
Just seen you're in Glasgow 3g-g, I'm heading up to there next week, off to see Robbie at Hampden Park! Moving up there some time soon aswell!
Lou

3g-g
22nd August 2006, 12:36 AM
Just seen you're in Glasgow 3g-g, I'm heading up to there next week, off to see Robbie at Hampden Park! Moving up there some time soon aswell!
Lou

Well I'll look out for you as I'll be there too! :D

Yssybyl
22nd August 2006, 11:22 AM

Not at all :) although it's often assumed I'm a bloke, I'd've hoped the rather feminine sounding handle would have given it away ;)

Aimee
28th August 2006, 02:05 AM
ooh my go... the name's Aimee, i'm 20.. at uni studying psychology and sociology, working part time in a newsagents.. and i know absolutely nothing about mobile phones!! haha.. :o

lc2407
5th September 2006, 09:42 PM
Just a quick one.........Did you enjoy the concert 3g-g....Thought you might have bought me a beer?..I'm going to see him again in Leeds on Friday!!!

steve9025
30th September 2006, 03:56 AM
Just a quick one.........Did you enjoy the concert 3g-g....Thought you might have bought me a beer?..I'm going to see him again in Leeds on Friday!!!

No one needs to see him that often. Zero times per life time is enough for me :D Robbie Williams' real name is Marmaduke.

Drea
5th October 2006, 10:03 PM
Hey every one!!!

I was told to sign up to this by the person whos runs this forum, Ben!!

Im Andrea, im 21, iv currently just finshed university and now a web designer.

Iv had quite a few mobile phones, starting with a Nokia 6110 - long time ago, now iv got the Nokia N80, very cool phone! lol.

Great forum (only saying that to stay in bens good books):p

Andrea

liridon shala
2nd November 2006, 03:25 PM
HI EVERYONE

My name as you can see on nick is Liridon Shala I'm a second year student in RIT (Rocester Institut of Technology) branch in Kosovo ( for those of you who do not know where is kosovo, my location is Prishtina ballkan europe)

My phone background ( talking as we say here, while we die I've been having lots of mobile phones and all the time for seeking for new models, starting from NOKIA 3310 until N93 and I do not wanna speak for other phones, cause I'm a big fance of NOKIA.

My conclusion for the forum, I would say this is great I do not know who runs it, just wanna say congratulation and keep going, great things to disscusse about phones.

I would say one things ( those people who are not interested on computer and phones I recognise as half people ) in Technologyical aspect !!!!

Thanks and Best wish from

Liridon Shala

Brian Shearer
20th November 2006, 08:14 PM
Brian is REALLY new to PC's and 3G - I'm his wife Yvonne doing it on his behalf. I'm OK with PC's and the Net, BUT it's his phone and I only get called in to help when desperate - he doesn't do manuals and just fiddles hoping it'll all come right!! Hmm, you get the idea?

faza20
18th December 2006, 02:18 PM
Ello

I'm John, most people call me Faza. Errr, 24, work for Vodafone as a Technical Advisor. Current phone is a SE P990i, had most the other SE's at 1 point or another. Love cars and technology, and that's about it. lol

3g-g
3rd April 2007, 08:51 PM
There's been quite a few new members here at T3G lately, to the point I read through the posts and think, "oh, I've not heard from you before!" :)

So, who are you? Not introduced yourself? Here's the place to do it! We'd love to find out some more about you, one line will do it if you're feeling shy!

Nosskibird
4th April 2007, 07:42 PM
Hi,

Im a Brummy girl . Just your average everyday mobile user wanting some info from what seems like people a bit more expert than me!

xxx

SE800i
20th April 2007, 02:43 PM
Hi all,

Just joined from Sheffield! Hoping to shed my k800i soon... yes I know, bad choice of username's, just realised! haha:)

Ginz
24th April 2007, 11:03 AM
Hi All,

Mike from Reading, been a long time browser and registrant now. Bit of a nokia fan with a history with the handsets.. back to when I had a 3210 to the present day using an N95... Superb phone by the way!

Anushree
23rd May 2007, 08:06 PM
hi

I am Anushree,currently working in 3 customer services, i was just going through some 3g forums and came accross this website... Currently i am using N-95 pretty happy with the handset and they way it works. I have done my graduation and very much keen about handset updates...also if any of u have problems with ur 3 handset i will surely help.

thanks.

3GScottishUser
23rd May 2007, 10:53 PM
Hi there...

Good to hear you have an N95... it's not available on 3 in the UK but is in Italy. A great looking and performing phone which is high on my shopping list when upgrade time comes.

I think I would get one on T-Mobile as they let you access the Internet both on the handset and use it as a modem with your PC for £12 a month. They also give you unlimited Wi-Fi access too both to their network of access points and BT's Openzone which covers many places in the UK.

mummyjo1984
24th May 2007, 03:01 PM
hi im jo

i live in kent uk . i have 3 daughters all under 5
i to know nothing about phones
im a housewife and im new to this site

lots of love jo xxx

Hands0n
24th May 2007, 07:06 PM
Welcome to Talk3G jo - you'll soon learn about phones, especially 3G ones, on here ... Hope you enjoy your stay and that we can help you out.

miffed
24th May 2007, 07:21 PM
hi im jo

i live in kent uk . i have 3 daughters all under 5
i to know nothing about phones
im a housewife and im new to this site

lots of love jo xxx

Nice to see another Kent resident on the forum :)

Welcome !

CowBag
24th May 2007, 08:01 PM
lol Yeah and we know how you Kent Pikey's all got there :rolleyes:

By washing up on the Kent Shores me thinks :D ;) :p

phil8715
24th August 2008, 12:28 AM
Hi,

My name is Phil and I live in Deepest Lancashire.
I have loads of 3G phones at home and I plan to add another when I get the new 3's new Skype phone the S2.

Hands0n
24th August 2008, 12:42 AM
Hi Phil, welcome to Talk3G - when you get your new Skypephone do drop us a comment on what you think of it.

phil8715
24th August 2008, 02:02 AM
Yes I certainly will.

selena
26th August 2008, 11:22 AM
Hi Everyone,

Another new member of this forum !!

3g-g
26th August 2008, 03:02 PM
Hello there, welcome! :)

Jon3G
24th September 2008, 11:19 AM
Not been around for a while, busy in business and looking after some news sites

Hope to contribute

miffed
24th September 2008, 11:36 AM
Howdy ! :)

( Everytime this thread gets bumped , it reminds me of this glorius moment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxHKskgiEB4 )

Hands0n
27th September 2008, 11:39 AM
Hi angelinalove - welcome to Talk3G, we hope you enjoy what we've got here. Any questions feel free to ask.:)

jhuds2004
30th January 2009, 01:39 PM
hi there i found this site through google
looks a nice site to make a few posts lol

Ben
30th January 2009, 06:52 PM
Hey, welcome to Talk3G :D What were you searching for that brought you here? Or do we not want to know ;)

hkr007
19th February 2009, 01:59 PM
Hi Guys,
My name is Kevin, I was kind of browsing through the site and found out that most of you use Sony Ericsson 3G products. I just thought I should sign up, too. Hope your products don't give you any major problems...l need a piece of information though, how do I recognise that the firmware running on a S.E k800i is the original version? What is the original version? I would really appreciate it if someone help me out. Thanks for the good workk!!!

j smith
29th April 2009, 08:01 PM
Me New here
This place was very helpful and the members are cool too - so I stuck around. I run my own forum which often has a few mobile related topics but I prefer coming here for good old fashioned hard core phone chat! lol

Hands0n
29th April 2009, 10:19 PM
Hi j_smith - welcome to Talk3G, glad you like what you see :)

I suspect that you're not alone in here :D :D

chagle
29th April 2009, 10:43 PM

Welcome! I know the feeling! ;)

Ben
30th April 2009, 09:11 AM
Me New here

Welcome to Talk3G!

Just tell me that your full name isn't Jacqui Smith... and that your forum isn't the Gov't :p

govenden
3rd May 2009, 01:47 AM
Hello everyone! My name is Gary and ive never been on a website like this before, buuuut i was browsing google and came across it, so thought id join! It looks awsome! Ive not too long had the Samsung Omnia and i was wondering if anyone else had one and knew a lot about it? I have a few questions. Hope everyone is groovy!

Hands0n
3rd May 2009, 08:50 AM
Hi Gary, welcome to Talk3G. I'm not sure if we've any "active" Omnia members on here but ... if you ask in the Samsung section there's bound to be someone who can advise. We have a fairly mixed bunch on here, even if you do see a lot of buzz about the iPhone :rolleyes: (I suspect we're just the especially vocal ones).

I quite like the Omnia myself and have it on my shortlist as a second handset should that come about ... It would be interesting to read your observations :)

Ben
3rd May 2009, 12:01 PM
Hi Gary, welcome to Talk3G!

Aha, yes, if you don't wind up with several Macs and an iPhone within 12 months then your Steve Jobs Reality Distortion Field Barrier is mucho stronger than any of ours ;)

I think 3GScottishUser has an Omnia now? You should defo make a thread about it in the Samsung section, would be great to know if it's actually a decent handset.

Canterbury, eh? Just down the road!

govenden
3rd May 2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks for that! :D

The Omnia is an awsome phone! I first got the Samsung Pixon, but that phone is really only good for the camera, and i rarely use the camera on me phone. But the Omnia is like a mini computer, i've synced me e-mail account with it, and, well im sure you know most of the features on it. My housemate has the iPhone and it is a good phone, buuuuuut ive had Samsung phones for years now so i kinder stick to what i know. Allthough this phone is slightly different to most other Samsungs because it has windows installed on it, and that in its self is quite handy, but yeah id recomend it to all experianced phone users! There are of course a few downsides, as of yet ive been unable to discover a plastic cover for the screen. So my screen is kinder scratched to hell now, but im gonna get that changed soon and then buy an iPhone plastic cover, then i'll just cut it down to size! :D Ive not really had many problems with the touch screen, but i dont think its as on point as the iPhone, but like i said ive never had any major problems, and none that could not be sorted out by the screen alignment tool! Anywho ill shut up now! Thanks for your reply though!

govenden
3rd May 2009, 12:28 PM
Ah cheers for that, ill make a thread now i think, wanna learn as much as i can about me phone! And yeah my Steve Jobs distortion field barrier is very much intact, im not really a mac fan, and yeah dont really need an iPhone when i got the Omnia. I do like iTunes though :D Here's a bit of geeky trivia for ya, did you know that Steve Jobs also runs Pixar, but it was originally the great George Lucas who first made the Pixar computer! (Massive Star Wars fan :D) So yeah Steve owes a lot to George!

And yep the sunny land of Canterbizel, only been to Whitstable once, is there much happening there? Heard it was mainly a town for the retired?

Ben
3rd May 2009, 01:28 PM
And yep the sunny land of Canterbizel, only been to Whitstable once, is there much happening there? Heard it was mainly a town for the retired?
You cheeky get! :p I wish it was a town of the retired, trying to park yesterday was a nightmare (got a space in the third car park I tried... and then I had to wait!) - the sun comes out and half of London decides there'd be no better place for a day out than Whitstable with its fisherman pubs, charity shops and Zizzi! Oh well, whatever they see in Whitstable, I can't pretend it's not nice being somewhere that people want to visit.

I'm a Canterbury fan... more phone shops, plus that Stormfront Apple store ;)

govenden
3rd May 2009, 01:36 PM
Lol, sorry about that, I'm originally from London and they do seem to advertise Whitstable at most train stations! Allthough im sure the pictures are slightly deceptive, it showed a picture of a sandy beach, and when i was there all i could see were the pebbles :-S

Yeah, i still havent been in that shop, it allways seems really empty, you know product wise, kinda minimalistic. But it is opposite a great shop :D

Ben
4th May 2009, 02:08 PM
Yeah, i still havent been in that shop, it allways seems really empty, you know product wise, kinda minimalistic. But it is opposite a great shop :D
Nothing wrong with minimal tidyness :D See, HMV is a good shop, but it's the one reflected in its windows which is a great shop ;)

Though not as great as a real Apple Store :( I was just in there today and they still don't have any iPod Shuffles on display.

Hands0n
4th May 2009, 02:14 PM
......and they still don't have any iPod Shuffles on display.

How on earth would you actually see one if they did?

Ben
4th May 2009, 02:47 PM
How on earth would you actually see one if they did?
LoL! This is true. It's quite possible that they're on display but better eyesight is required than I possess :D

Just want to hear what the voiceover thing is like... too much to ask? *grumpy*

govenden
4th May 2009, 04:21 PM
Voiceover thing? I had an iPode shuffle! There was deffenately no voiceovers though :( Would have been cool for some one to provide a voiceover for my life :D

Hands0n
4th May 2009, 08:35 PM
The Apple website has a demo of the voiceovers. It's just like the real thing. There are a couple of the wee beasties at work now.

You are presently tied to Apple earphones though, which might not be everyones cup of tea.

Ben
4th May 2009, 09:42 PM
Voiceover thing? I had an iPode shuffle! There was deffenately no voiceovers though :( Would have been cool for some one to provide a voiceover for my life :D
Ha yes that would be rather cool! I can hear mine now... "Ben walked down the highstreet past the Vodafone store, gazing doe-eyed at the shiny mobile phones inside..."

The voiceover feature is on the new iPod Shuffles, the ones that are about the size of a paper clip, lol. They speak certain info to you about what you're listening to - to make up for not having a screen I guess!

You are presently tied to Apple earphones though, which might not be everyones cup of tea.
Yeah, Trusted Reviews made a really big deal out of that. Because Shuffle owners really give a crap about sound quality...

Hands0n
4th May 2009, 10:05 PM
The voiceover feature is on the new iPod Shuffles, the ones that are about the size of a paper clip, lol. They speak certain info to you about what you're listening to - to make up for not having a screen I guess!

Go to this page here --> http://www.apple.com/uk/ipodshuffle/ and click on "Watch the Guided Tour" where this rather tasty bird (called Hannah) takes you through the new voiceover feature ('cos there's stuff all else to talk about much on these things ...). Both the new Shuffle and said bird are easy on the eye, so its worth a quick gander.

Turning to less sexist things :D I think you're right about the average Shuffle user - these things are hardly Hi-Fi - but there is one chap at work who's positively up in arms about not being able to use it with regular headphones. Disregarding entirely that all the hullabaloo is precisely about the new in-line control gizmo ... which kind of makes it impossible to control the new Shuffle without.

No doubt 3rd party headsets will arrive.

govenden
6th May 2009, 07:22 PM
Ahh i see, ill have to check that video out when im at home, they probably wouldnt appreciate me watching it on the work computer! Speaking of work, and this probably is not the right place, but is anyone gonna go and watch the new Star Trek film? Im not a trekkie by any means, but i am rather loooking forward to watching it!

Ben
6th May 2009, 09:12 PM
Hehe, we're off topic all the time - so much so that we made an off topic bit here (https://talk3g.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=125)!

We post about all kinds of stuff in there, I'm sure Star Trek would fit right in - I'm sure you've got all the juicy details!

Trekkie :P

govenden
6th May 2009, 11:10 PM
Lol, i can see your a funny guy... Or maybe you think your funnier then you actually are?? :P Sorry, just joking, but i can assure you im deffenately not a trekkie, i just work in the cinema so i know these things :D

And anyway im a Star Wars guy through and through :D

Hands0n
6th May 2009, 11:13 PM
Just to say that I will indeed be viewing the new Star Trek movie - the series has been critically acclaimed and denounced, but I enjoyed them all. The latest is supposed to be a very well done prequel.

I'll shift the relative posts into a new thread in the OT zone if you like?

Ben
7th May 2009, 12:37 AM
And anyway im a Star Wars guy through and through :D
Oh brother :rolleyes:

:p

Just to say that I will indeed be viewing the new Star Trek movie - the series has been critically acclaimed and denounced, but I enjoyed them all. The latest is supposed to be a very well done prequel.
Ok. I admit it. I'm definitely going to see it, too!

I'll shift the relative posts into a new thread in the OT zone if you like?
You're a braver man than me, Hands0n! Go for it! :D

frdsmth9
9th July 2009, 04:59 AM
Glad to be a new member of this awesome forum site. I think I'll enjoy my stay here.

I have seen a few threads and there seems to be a very pleasant atmosphere among you all. I hope I can be as helpful for you too.

Hands0n
9th July 2009, 06:47 AM
Hello frdsmth9 - welcome to Talk3G. We're glad you found us and hope you enjoy your time with us on here. Come on in, the water's fine :D

rsmobile
1st September 2009, 07:21 AM
Hello everyone, I'm Randy and new to Talk3G. I have a little more background with Voice over IP technology so I'm here to get the inside scoop on the mobile world from all of you experts.

Ben
1st September 2009, 10:05 AM
Hey Randy, welcome to Talk3G! Should be great to have you around :)

vimeo00
25th April 2010, 10:59 AM
I just regisyer and still cant see the topics of discussion, so here goes my intruduction. My name is Rick and im
from london, currently on o2's £15 simplicity deal for iphone

Ben
25th April 2010, 11:17 AM
Welcome to Talk3G, Rick! :)

Hands0n
25th April 2010, 11:49 AM
I just regisyer and still cant see the topics of discussion, so here goes my intruduction. My name is Rick and im
from london, currently on o2's £15 simplicity deal for iphone

Hi Rick - At the top of the page click "Forum" and it will take you into the main forum pages where you will find the various topics listed.

DanielDany
24th May 2010, 07:05 PM
Hey guys this is Dany Im new to this forum............

Ben
24th May 2010, 11:40 PM
Hello Dany from Texas, welcome to Talk3G!

Hands0n
28th December 2010, 10:42 PM
Hey guys,
just drop by...this is really a great forum...

nice to know u ~~

Hi Berton - welcome to Talk3G, nice to see your first post :)

ryan12
11th May 2011, 07:49 AM
Hello Everyone,

My name is Ryan Gosling, I am working in directphoneshop.co.uk. This is where
I am working in Search engine marketing department.

Ben
11th May 2011, 08:05 AM
Hi ryan12, welcome to Talk3G!

I hope you enjoy the forum; just no links please - leave the day job at the door! :)

billynibbles
12th June 2011, 06:48 AM
Hi, I'm Chris. I'm new here, and getting to grips with my first touch-screen 'smart' phone, the HTC Wildfire with 2.2.1 software. I bought it new as a PAYG for £100 last week (bargain - yes I know it's an old model) from a 3 shop and put my contract SIM in it. I'm on the 3 One Plan and having a blast using the phone as a mini Wifi Hotspot for my netbook.

Very useful as my wife and I tend to hire quite a lot of cottages for country breaks. After two days without the internet, I'm stir-crazy!

It's nice to see that this site lets you join and post straightaway. A certain other 3G forum I could name has had me waiting 2 weeks to get authorised before I can post - I did notice that they're advertising for moderators, so the two facts might well be connected! I'd offer myself, but I can't post!

Hands0n
12th June 2011, 08:14 PM
Hi billynibbles - welcome to Talk3G. I have answered your post about TOP and AYCE. Hopefully it will put your mind at rest.

TOP and AYCE are ideal for someone like you who has the need and makes such great use of the facility as you gad around the country. Lucky you, by the way :) I'm only jealous.

The HTC Wildfire is a super little Android handset. The only area where it is "less than" the more expensive kit is in screen size and resolution. But in all other respects you have a 100% Android in your mitts. I often recommend it as a shortlist device to those looking for a budget purchase.

We hope you enjoy visiting and posting on Talk3G, and once again, welcome.

Ben
13th June 2011, 08:15 AM
Hi billynibbles, welcome to Talk3G!

Great choice of phone and plan; it's incredible what's available on the market in the smartphone space now. I hope you're enjoying both!

abfa12345
30th December 2011, 06:47 AM
Hello to all, how are you all ? i am new here

Ben
30th December 2011, 04:16 PM
Hey abfa12345, welcome to Talk3G :) What phone do you have?

hecatae
31st December 2011, 12:00 PM
loving all the new blog entries by new members, hoping they introduce themselves

Ben
1st January 2012, 11:03 PM
They're being moderated now until a better option comes along for stemming them!

htcaddict
18th January 2012, 03:57 PM
Hi everyone. My names is Matt and I'm a long time HTC(currently hero) user who's considering his options. I hope not too be too annoying :P looks like a good forum btw. :)

Ben
18th January 2012, 06:07 PM
Welcome to the forum htcaddict! Your addiction is more than welcome here ;)

htcaddict
19th January 2012, 10:09 AM
Welcome to the forum htcaddict! Your addiction is more than welcome here ;)

Thanks mate! the only problem is, though, that my addiction is slowly fading away :/ it has been 2 very disappointing years for HTC fans if you ask me:) I hope you guys will fill me with hope for the future :D

Bigl63us
31st March 2012, 03:07 PM
Hi, all am a new kid on the site and iooking forwards to learning form everyone thanks aim looking for information to unlock a mifi2200