View Full Version : Peter Erskine: O2 boss

3g-g
4th February 2006, 08:13 PM
Just something I found that was worth a wee read if you're interested in the people behind the company. Seems like a nice fella, hell, so would I be if I was being flown around in a private jet had a BMW 7 series, 2 houses and was being paid £660,000 a year plus bonus!! ;)

Peter Erskine is full of surprises. He has created a leading mobile network and sold it for £17.7billion. So why is he sticking around?

HOT off the private jet from Madrid, Peter Erskine is at pains to assure me that this is not how it’s going to be from now on...

Read the rest of the interview here: at the timesonline (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2095-2013992,00.html)

3GScottishUser
5th February 2006, 07:43 PM
Peter Erskine appears to be a down to earth executive with his finger on the pulse of the mobile industry. He must surely be the most sucessful telecoms CEO in terms of delivering value to his shareholders of the last few years.

It'll be interesting to see where the Telefonica take-over takes 02 and more to the point Mr Erskine. Already a full board member at the Spanish telco could his vision take him to the top job in Madrid?