View Full Version : Grundig G600i (i-mode 3G)

3GScottishUser
6th February 2006, 11:24 AM
from The Inquirer (07/02/2006):

NOW THAT it has a new Spanish master in the form of Telefonica, will O2 now start to source handsets from Spanish manufacturer – Vitelcom? The company has just made its G600i model commercially available.
The crucial point is that the G600i is amongst the first i-mode enabled 3G handsets on the market. And all the signs are that i-mode in the UK is going great guns for O2. Qualcomm is pretty happy too since the handset uses its MSM6250 chipset.

Curiously Vitelcom appears to be playing the branding game. The web site it uses to promote its cellular handsets is Grundig Mobile. It's a co-branding agreement with Grundig of the Netherlands and handsets only started shipping back in July 2005.

Perhaps the most interesting item on the Grundig Mobile web site is the announcement of its forthcoming clamshell, the GR980. This looks very much like the Nokia Communicator with its Qwerty keyboard.

Not only does it have a Qualcomm chips set but it also boasts an Intel Bulverde 520 MHz processor. Significantly this handset will boast a Wi-Fi capability and the INQ wonders who is supplying that capability.

Maybe it will be on show at next week's 3GSM Barcelona

See Picture Below

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=29507