View Full Version : 1st Business 3G Handset SE M600i

3GScottishUser
6th February 2006, 11:33 AM
from Cellular News (07/02/2006):

Sony Ericsson has launched a new 3G handset. The M600 is the second Symbian OS 9.1 and UIQ 3.0 enabled phone in the Sony Ericsson portfolio. New push email applications, remote synchronisation and expandable memory give owners a UMTS phone and email connectivity in a device that easily fits in their pocket - at just 15mm thick, it is one of the slimmest business UMTS devices of its kind available.

"Estimates show that there are approximately 650 million business email users around the globe, and the demand for true mobile email is growing rapidly," says Jan Wa䲥by, Corporate Executive Vice President, Head of Sales and Marketing, Sony Ericsson. "While there are some standalone email messaging devices available, many people will welcome fast and easy messaging tools integrated into their mobile phone."

Document handling offers PowerPoint, Word and Excel editors and an Adobe PDF viewer.

With so many connectivity possibilities, Sony Ericsson has taken great care to ensure mobile security. McAfee, the anti-virus & firewall software for cellular applications and Pointsec encryption are offered as Try & Buy packages and Certicom VPN client for secure access to corporate networks is offered free of charge.

For such a slim device the M600 has an impressive 80MB onboard memory for storing email attachments and multimedia content. An additional 64MB Memory Stick is provided in the box.

The M600 is available in Granite Black and Crystal White and starts shipping during Q2 2006. The different regional variations of the M600 are:

M600i - Dual Mode UMTS 2100 MHz, GPRS 900/1800/1900MHz for Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and the Americas

M600c - Dual Mode UMTS 2100 MHz, GPRS 900/1800/1900MHz for Mainland China (Launch for mainland China dependent on availability of 3G services.)

M600 will be available in 4 hardware keyboard variants: QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY and Russian

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/15959.php

Picture below

Ben
6th February 2006, 01:20 PM
Oh my! It's a calculator!

I can't see it capturing the ESeries flag any time soon.

Still, it's another 3G handset, and choice is always good. Hopefully this is a sign that SE wishes to adopt a more 'a phone for everyone' Nokia-like approach.

3GScottishUser
6th February 2006, 02:20 PM
Notice it does not appear to have any videocalling facilities......

Companies will like that!!