View Full Version : Submissions for February 2006

Ben
10th February 2006, 01:08 AM
Massive congratulations to timothythetim for winning our January competition.

Well, it's the last month of winter! Lets see what you can all snap with your 3G phones this month.

Here's how it works!
Post one photo taken from your phone, as an attachment, on this thread.
At the end of each month, a new thread will be made allowing you to vote for your winner!

Notes:
1) Your post and attached image will not show up straight away - we check each entry first.
2) You can only enter one picture each month.
3) All pictures must be taken with a 3G phone during the month of February 2006 - you can state which phone you used if you wish, but technical quality is unimportant. As such, reducing the size of your photo is fine provided no 'photoshopping' is performed.
4) The winners poll will now be a public vote - you can't vote for yourself!

Good luck, enjoy it!
Ben

maxspank
10th February 2006, 02:14 AM
I was at the bus stop the other day, and just over the church, was a great blue sky, everywhere else was cloudy bit strange. Taken with me Z500.

3g-g
10th February 2006, 04:22 PM
Here we go.. taken on my 6680, 2500Ft up in the hills of Dumfries and Galloway. It was on the full size and best quality settings, however the cloud was so thick (imagine flying through clouds in a plane, except you're on the ground!)... This air traffic radar station loomed out of the clouds, I can't tell you how much I crapped myself, was really wierd. Very spooky, spooky place. Anyway, that was needless info. Here's the pic :)

timothythetim
13th February 2006, 12:09 AM
The one and only Justin Hawkins of The Darkness. Went to see them tonight, was awesome. I do have a much better photo, but I don't think it would really be suitable for posting due to its 'mature' nature.:p
Taken with my 6680.

@NickyColman
13th February 2006, 11:56 AM
This was taken the other day when i was on my way to work! Lets hope the police dont see this pic.....they willl have a field day prosecuting me for using a camera whilst driving LOL!

MORPH
13th February 2006, 12:51 PM
Tree...sunset....not much else to say is there? lol (Wouldn't let me upload it portrait style, said it was too big?! So you'll have to save it and rotate it yourselves!)

Gagz
14th February 2006, 04:46 PM
Here we are folks my feb image, i have the full great image but i had 2 shrink it down lowering the quality ¬_¬ anywho yep here we are :)

Ben
14th February 2006, 05:24 PM
Hey Gagz. Are you still using the Sharp 903? What dimensions are the original photos it produces at full quality?

Gagz
14th February 2006, 06:45 PM
yup still using 903, urm at max res the size is 2048 x 1536

whatleydude
25th February 2006, 12:02 PM
Ok - here's my entry.

I recently discovered that I could wire up my PC to my TV.
42" of Hotmail baby yeah!

lol - As you'll see from the pic - all I need now is a wireless keyboard!

EDIT: btw - That isnt me with the earrings. That'll be the Mrs. :D

Ben
27th February 2006, 11:04 PM
Better late than never 'eh? Sony Ericsson W900i at Ministry of Sound in London. I particularly like the way I wasn't the only one with my phone in the air at this moment!

Ally3g
28th February 2006, 12:29 AM
This is my parents home in La Nucia, Costa Blanca, Spain. They had a blackout in the whole of the town. Hence candles in the kitchen. It lasted an hour.:)

Yssybyl
28th February 2006, 09:53 AM
I was going to wait until this evening and try to get a pancake themed picture, but the logistics of flipping a pancake and taking a picture at the same time seem a little too complicated, so I'm reverting to my handy back up ;)

Bit of a story behind this pic. I was wandering aimlessly around London the other weekend, waiting to head over to docklands to install a few servers and to kill time decided to get my glasses fixed (having been smacked in the face by a large bit of metal shelving while moving house and having a gauge accross one of the lenses, but that's another story :) ) Popped into Vision express on Oxford street who took them and then told me to "come back in an hour". Now, I am so short-sighted that I couldn't recognise someone stood in front of me, and suddenly being thrust out into the busiest street in London on a Saturday afternoon was not fun. Got buffetted by the crowd and ended up in Hamleys (toy shop) where I thought I'd be safe (on the naive assumption that children are less likely to mug someone who obviously can't see, than adults...) On a stroke of genius, I decided to get out my N70, chuck it in video mode and hold it close enough to my face that I could focus on the screen and tada! I had my sight back (albeit by looking like a bit of an idiot, but that was a small sacrifice) Stood up and realised I had been sitting on this lovely lego sculpture :)