View Full Version : Using K608i on Vodafone

tomas
11th February 2006, 11:05 AM
Hi Mark my name is Tomas. I have a problem with my phone and i don t know what to do. I bought sony ericsson K608i form a friend. He was with 3, i m with vodafone. Some thing like video call, internet, 3G network are not working and i don t know why. I phoned vodafone sevises to register phone, they told me that now should everithing work, but it s not. Please help me

Hi I'm MaxSpank. My real name is Mark for those who are interested. I can't really remember how I found this place, it was probably on Google by accident. I'm glad I did because there's lots of useful topics here.

so a little about me;

I work for Vodafone Customer Services, and I like my job. I try and help every customer as much as I can, and I feel good that I am good at my job. ( I deal with billing, network issues, product service support for both contract and pay as you talk customers, I am what is known as multi-skilled) I hope I'll be of some use around here and I can see this is a good support network for me as well, as it does further my knowledge as I see what your problems are and how you get that fixed which I then in turn can help out my customers with similar problems.

The phones I own are the Samsung Z500 on Vodafone and the N70 on Orange. I'm happy with my phones (except for the darn Orange Homescreen, but that's not for here) the Z500 is my first 3G phone, but I can't use 3G services as I'm not covered in my town.

In my spare time, I write and make short films, and am currently writing a comedy spoof of a TV show.

That's me, your friendly neighbourhood spank machine!

Ben
11th February 2006, 11:18 AM
Hello tomas, welcome to Talk3G!

I've moved your post off the Introductions thread and put it here under its own title.

I take it the K608i is unlocked and able to make regular calls and send and receive texts?

Please try sending all the settings you need to your handset via the Vodafone configurator: http://217.199.164.178/vodafone/

It's possible, as the K608i is a model specifically for the Three network, that the software on the phone contains settings not accessible to you and that these settings cause the phone only to work correctly on Three. If this is the case you will have to have the software on your K608i 'flashed' with software of either the generic K600i or Vodafone V600i.

If you can, check your Vodafone SIM card in a Vodafone branded or generic 3G handset to test whether Video Calling is working. It may also be a good idea to call Vodafone again and ask them 'Are 3G services provisioned correctly on my account?'

Best of luck.

maxspank
11th February 2006, 12:36 PM
Hi there, I reccomend you try the settings from the sony-erricson website, as the K608i is not a vodafone handset (although I'm sure it's just the v600i)
http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=ps3&zone=ps

And yeah call vodfone to make absolutely sure that everythings is setup right.