11th February 2006, 07:02 PM
http://www.vodafone-emailme.co.uk/vfemailme/coming_soon.jsp

Thought I would share

timothythetim
11th February 2006, 07:08 PM
Fantastic, thats conveintly near the end of my contract with three. :D

Ben
11th February 2006, 07:23 PM
Indeed, it's a little far in the future for my liking, but it's nice to see this N-Series on the radar as it's clearly a winner.

crowfield99
12th February 2006, 01:44 AM
I should have waited for this on Orange, did not know it had Wi-Fi! I will get it next year when my contract is due for renewal.

Ben
12th February 2006, 01:57 AM
I should have waited for this on Orange
Going by Orange's past record on handset releases, you may have been waiting quite some time ;) Hell, the first round will no doubt be riddled with the usual raft of bugs anyway!

crowfield99
12th February 2006, 01:53 PM
Hope its all sorted for Jan 2007! Watch another great handset come out just as I upgrade :(

whatleydude
12th February 2006, 06:01 PM
I've got an N70 at the moment.. my next upgrade is in August.
Hmm..

Maybe!
:D

crowfield99
12th February 2006, 11:23 PM
When it says WLan also, I wonder if a few programs such as Skype will launch a mobile version to use? You would not need any USB Handsets etc then.

@NickyColman
13th February 2006, 03:40 PM
Take a look at this link..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4708188.stm

Voip seems to be everywhere at the moment!

crowfield99
13th February 2006, 10:47 PM
Looking good, but I have thought. Whats the point of having a mobile phone if you are going to use the Net to make the calls?

3g-g
13th February 2006, 11:21 PM
Looking good, but I have thought. Whats the point of having a mobile phone if you are going to use the Net to make the calls?

Imagine being abroad, finding a WiFi spot and then using Skype to make a call back to the UK to a friend or relative who has Skype at home... Absolutely no international call charges to worry about. There's one benefit of having WLAN access on a mobile! :)

@NickyColman
13th February 2006, 11:40 PM
That would be brilliant!! WiFi on phones is going to turn the mobops on their heads!

crowfield99
16th February 2006, 05:19 PM
But if we all used Skype on our Mobiles to do that, then mobile ops would close and no need for mobile phones then?

Yeah, I understand what you are trying to say.

3GScottishUser
16th February 2006, 05:24 PM
I suspect BT will add this to their 'Fusion' line-up.

They could be onto something with it if they do.

Ben
16th February 2006, 06:52 PM
But if we all used Skype on our Mobiles to do that, then mobile ops would close and no need for mobile phones then?
Well, we'll still need mobile phones, we'd just be using them on different wireless technologies.

I don't think there's any immediate danger... at the end of the day we want to use the cheapest and most efficient way for our phone to communicate in the location it's currently in. If a local WiFi network trumps the 'home' network then it's up to the home network to compete. Oo competition, god forbid the networks should ever have to suffer some of that ;)