View Full Version : o2 to ... CHARGE for gprs !!!

miffed
21st February 2006, 09:43 AM
:mad: :confused: :eek: :mad: :(

Got this SMS yesterday -

"o2 : We hope you enjoyed the the mobile internet free promo. Charging begins from 31mar but remember it is only £3/mb including VAT .
for money saving bolt ons see www.o2.co.uk"

Argghh !

Who the hell do they think they are ?

After years of using at least 100mb per month and not paying a penny it looks like I am going to have to start paying for my data like the rest of you :mad:

Ah well , was fun while it lasted - my current package with Vodafone gives me the equivalent of 25mb per month free anyway - so it might be over to Voda as my main line - or an Orange PAYG sim with the £1 a day unlimited thing , I am loathed to get a PAYG accout though ,considering I already have a Contract with them

either that or i'll have to use "Hitchhiker" a little more often ;)

Ben
21st February 2006, 11:37 AM
LoL! Well, it's about time ;)

It is a great shame though. I mean, this 'promotion' has been in force for as long as I can remember, and £3/meg is really quite dear!

solo12002
21st February 2006, 01:35 PM
" £3/meg is really quite dear!"

I agree its time the networks started to cut these prices or at least offer a good vaule pack, while some networks have something on offer, I dont think its cheap enought.

One only has to look at blueberry 02 and Vodafone charge £15 ppm for about 5/6 MB while T-Mobile charge the same for 50 MB.

crowfield99
21st February 2006, 10:54 PM
If you are on Orange PAYG, and have a USIM for 3G then you cant buy the Unlimited Access to Orange World for £1 a day. Orange are sure not daft are they?

DaveC
9th April 2006, 08:45 PM
If you are on Orange PAYG, and have a USIM for 3G then you cant buy the Unlimited Access to Orange World for £1 a day. Orange are sure not daft are they?

The £1 a day does not apply to 3g unfortunately.

Ben
9th April 2006, 11:32 PM
Seriously? I'm not sure how they'd be able to differentiate... Plus £1 a day is still £30/month if used regularly, so I guess it's not groundbreaking pricing - though flexible.

solo12002
12th April 2006, 08:38 AM
ben

Me thinks I rather pay t-mobile the £7.50 and I dont understand why o2 are charging more so their prices in light of t-mobile

DaveC
12th April 2006, 07:01 PM
Seriously? I'm not sure how they'd be able to differentiate... Plus £1 a day is still £30/month if used regularly, so I guess it's not groundbreaking pricing - though flexible.

I've two Orange PAYG sims one 2g the other 3g. They will let me have the £1 day on one but not the other.

frazzel
12th April 2006, 07:37 PM
O2 may launch new tarrifs in May..fingers x! (data tarrifs!)

DaveC
12th April 2006, 09:02 PM
O2 may launch new tarrifs in May..fingers x! (data tarrifs!)

I'd be happy if they would allow full data on PAYG. Save me having two phones

frazzel
12th April 2006, 10:33 PM
True! Well hhopefully with t mobile doing web n walk so cheap that others may follow suit...?