View Full Version : Sony Ericsson K800i leaked

Ben
24th February 2006, 07:35 PM
http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=2531

According to Trusted Reviews, the K800i has been leaked (see attached picture). With a 3.2mp camera it looks like an upgrade to the K600i and the front camera suggests it's 3G. Nice :)

@NickyColman
24th February 2006, 08:50 PM
The above pictures seem photoshopped to me. It just doesnt look right.

Ben
24th February 2006, 09:40 PM
It does seem slightly odd that this has come out *after* 3GSM finished, but if it is a fake it's certainly a good one - the design is, IMHO, very Sony-Ericsson-esque.

@NickyColman
24th February 2006, 09:47 PM
To me, the outer shell of the handset looks like the Nokia 6280. Also the back camera looks like that of the Sharp 903. And it looks too "cluttered" for a SonyEricsson design

@NickyColman
24th February 2006, 10:12 PM
Ive found some better quality images which make the K800i look a bit more realistic (courtesy of GSMArena.com). Included with the pics was a spec sheet, in German, but its very clear that this K800 has a 3.2 Megapixel camera along with standard features and 3G.

I cant help feeling that the camera on the back just doesnt look right.

Hands0n
24th February 2006, 11:30 PM
If this is a spoof it is a good 'un. For what can been seen it certainly looks the part, although the camera cover does look rather "grafted on". 3.2MPixel Cybershot camera in the handset, cor! Betterer and betterer, although a large lump of memory is going to be required to do that any real justice.

I cant help feeling that Sony Ericsson are on to something here with their Walkman and now Cybershot 3G handsets. They feel to have more purpose than the likes of the Series 60 Symbian general purpose handets that do everything, but not much with any degree of excellence. Whereas Sony do excellence rather well.

I'm fascinated with this K800i already :D

@NickyColman
24th February 2006, 11:54 PM
Totally agree 150% Hands0n! These SonyEricsson handsets have much more mass appeal than a Series60

Ben
25th February 2006, 01:27 AM
I cant help feeling that Sony Ericsson are on to something here with their Walkman and now Cybershot 3G handsets. They feel to have more purpose than the likes of the Series 60 Symbian general purpose handets that do everything, but not much with any degree of excellence. Whereas Sony do excellence rather well.
Spot on. Sony Ericsson's ability to create converged devices that perform each task as if it were a dedicated device is profound. The simplified SE OS may appeal to the mass market, but even S60 fans such as myself are being won over by the ability of handsets like the W900i to be a master of its trades, rather than many S60 Nokia's which are jacks of all but masters of none.

It's a winning formula, and with the W950i supposedly running Symbian all hell could break loose.

Ben
28th February 2006, 12:33 PM
Whaddya know! It was true! (http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/02/28/sony_ericsson_cyber-shot_phone/) This is good because the K7xx faithful will upgrade to it and get bumped onto 3G in the process.