View Full Version : Push To Talk

whatleydude
25th February 2006, 12:21 PM
Ok - Not really 3G I know but does anyone use this service?

I'm trying to at the moment but my N70 is having none of it.

Ben
25th February 2006, 01:03 PM
It's not available in the UK yet unfortunately. Well, I mean, there are some 'P2T-like' services on offer from the operators, but only on specific handsets and at a price. For some reason we're being deprived access to a standardised P2T service.

whatleydude
26th February 2006, 11:56 AM
Its bizarre man - I just dont understand.

Odd too how one woman at Voda CS told me that I was fine to go ahead to start using it then the next woman told me that they dont do it..

Oddballs.

Ben
26th February 2006, 06:39 PM
Lol oh dear. Did they give you any settings?

whatleydude
26th February 2006, 07:05 PM
Nope. None at all. I downloaded what I needed from the Nokia site - but got nothin from Vodafone - they tried to send me my WAP Settings again..

doh.

crowfield99
1st March 2006, 11:24 PM
Im on Orange and I can use it on my Nokia N70. Is Orange the only network in the UK to support it yet? As always, had to call Customer Services for a SIM Update to get it working.

Ben
2nd March 2006, 12:29 AM
Seriously? I was under the impression that Orange's service was proprietary and only worked on about two pre-programmed Orange handsets?

So.. you have native PTT on your N70? I'd love to hear some on how it works!

crowfield99
2nd March 2006, 07:06 PM
Yeah I have it working, although I dont have anyone to contact via PTT lol.

3g-g
2nd March 2006, 07:25 PM
Hmm, I've got the official PTT Nokia app on my 6680... Me thinks a call to Orange for some service setting changes may be on order, however, I imagine I'll be in the same boat, PTT and no friends to push my talking to!

crowfield99
2nd March 2006, 07:27 PM
When I first got the N70 I tried Push To Talk but it just kept saying Connectiong... So I gave up. I contacted Orange and said yes the handset does support it, just sent a SIM update. Switched the phone off and back on, and after about 30 seconds of it saying connecting it worked. Just need more friends now :D

miffed
25th November 2006, 10:07 AM
Bumping this thread coz I WANT PTT !!!

Been watching "American Chopper" lately , and thet tend to use this a bit on there - looks so good ,

Wonder when Third world countries such as the UK will get this ? or are they so worried about denting profitable SMS sales that we'll never get it ?

Ben
25th November 2006, 10:47 AM
Hehe it does look pretty awesome when they use it on American Chopper, so much fun! Why on Earth we're not to be permitted to use the technology this side of the pond is beyond me - the networks should be racing each other to roll out these services, not shunning them. It's just another perfect example of competition not working in mobop land.