View Full Version : Three Datacard coming (very) soon?

Ben
2nd March 2006, 12:33 AM
http://www.hughsymonscommunications.co.uk/documents/hscm/pdf/3_2006_hscm_pdf_5pric_mar.pdf

Thanks to solo12002 for this one! Looks like data is finally being embraced by Three... and knowing them the deal will give a lot of data for a little price - but hey, who knows. Could Three finally be ready to embrace the business market with more open arms?

miffed
2nd March 2006, 08:33 AM
I heard a rumour that as part of the T & C you have to have the PCMCIA card glued into your laptop

Not sure if it is true though

3GScottishUser
2nd March 2006, 08:40 AM
Re the above....... not true..... they are considering nailing the card to the case of the laptop presently.

timothythetim
2nd March 2006, 11:54 AM
I heard they are going to give you the latest sony vaio laptop with it for free, but the laptop is only going to have internet explorer and everything else has been locked out.

Ben
2nd March 2006, 03:11 PM
Lmao, you guys, behave! *shakes head scornfully*

crowfield99
2nd March 2006, 07:09 PM
If they put glue near my laptop they would know it because I would go and glue the MD's rear end! lol

solo12002
2nd March 2006, 07:31 PM
:) As I wonder if three uses super glue?

crowfield99
2nd March 2006, 07:32 PM
Just put some round all the doors and windows at 3's HQ in the UK.

solo12002
2nd March 2006, 07:39 PM
Lol

I wonder if Three will use it to glue their staff to their work stations, offering a better customer service ?

LOL

crowfield99
2nd March 2006, 07:42 PM
Thats not very fair on the India Call Centre as they dont get much pay as it is....

Ben
2nd March 2006, 07:51 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that this sticky-SIM adventure has already been somewhat of a public relations disaster.

Still, a 3G datacard to finally be available from the UK's largest 3G network can't be a bad thing - even if for the majority of us it just brings the hope that other networks will drop their data charges to compete (assuming 3 launch with competitive pricing, which given Wireless Web isn't a dead cert).

I can't help but feel that they've missed the boat somewhat... oh well, lets hope they make good on this. Of course, I'd imagine they've painstakingly ruined good software to ensure that the card stays 'stuck' to 3G and can't be manually overridden.

Hands0n
2nd March 2006, 08:57 PM
These are indeed "sticky times"

The data card is all well and good, but what I want is data to my handset (or via it if I'm using a laptop/pda). I really do not want a PC card tied to a tariff, although I accept that many will. So are 3 and the others going to play ball and let me have the data at more affordable, and thus encouraging, rates?

So far none of the players have inspired me to dip into my pocket so I remain on my 10Mbps cable Internet for all such data accesses and will do so until Mobile Data becomes an affordable reality. As will very many, I believe. We want to be unfettered, but not at any cost.