View Full Version : Datacard Questionnaire

Ben
4th March 2006, 02:27 PM
I received a questionnaire on my business datacard account this morning and have filled it in and will, of course, send it back. It was quite nice and to-the-point, with an area for extra comments and a promise that they'd contact me about my responses. I mentioned wanting HSDPA, that their content control blocks legitimate content and that the cost of data is still too high.

So, given that they'll probably contact me and they're obviously interested, does anyone have any points they'd like me to raise? Yes, I know you can just call CS and/or email in your own comments, but the benefit of this is that Vodafone are actively seeking feedback which means there's a far better chance it'll make a difference.

Does anyone have any questions/comments on the 3G datacard?
Any questions/comments on the service in general?

Hands0n
4th March 2006, 08:12 PM
I think that the datacard itself is very attractively priced, it is by no means out of the reach of anyone who has bought a laptop. Their datacard is par excellent, and I do not believe that any competition meets it. I've used it, my daughter does for her work daily, and we both agree that it functions flawlessly when in 3G/2G coverage. The hardware is, in a word, perfect.

But that is where it all stops for me. You have touched on it, and my brickbat is with the Data Access Charges which are unfeasibly high for much more than corporate users or those who simply must have mobile data at any cost.

If Vodafone, who already have made such a success of 2G and now 3G data in the corporate world, want to increase their reach into the Customer base then they simply have to take the lead and innovate with their Data tariffs. Not only for Datacards but for data use via mobile handsets, all of which have the capability but probably fewer than 1% actually use (that is a wild guess on my behalf! dont quote me, but I don't actually know anyone who uses data on their handset and I know quite a few IT peeps!!).