View Full Version : Free mobile TV for life?

Hands0n
7th March 2006, 11:55 PM
Now look here, I am not advocating that anyone actually do this but ...... just reading through Vodafone's Mobile TV stuff I came across the following interesting bits and pieces. See if you make the same assessment as I did of what they wrote.

The full page is at this link --> http://vodafone-i.co.uk/live/live_tv.html

The "juicy" bits follow

How much does it cost?
From 1st February when you subscribe to your preferred Mobile TV packs, you will get 30 days absolutely free! After that each Sky Mobile TV pack will cost £5 and the Variety pack £3 per month. Choose three Mobile TV packs and you pay just £10 saving £3 a month!

After the 30 days the price of the pack subscribed will be deducted from your pay-as-you go credit or billed to your pay monthly account. If you should wish to cancel your subscription to a pack at anytime, you can do so through “Your account” on Vodafone live! menu in your phone.

My interpretation: The £10 gets you everything, and saves you £3 a month (?) - bargain :)

You automatically get 30 days free use of your chosen subscription, after which the charges kick in. Great stuff!

Frequently asked questions?
Q: If I subscribe to a package and then unsubscribe before the 30 day period has expired, will I automatically be charged for the first month?
A: No, you will not be charged at all as long as you unsubscribe BEFORE the end of the free 30 day period.

Okay, thats fair enough and quite clearly understood - I must unsubscribe before the 30th day (day 29 in my interpretation).

Q: If I subscribe to the value bundle, do I still get the 30 days free?
A: Yes, you will be offered 30 days of free usage just like the other individual packages

Hmmm, so I can try them all in one go for 30 days free too - bargain! Don't make it too easy for me to check out your wares Vodafone [other mobops take note, this is how to do things].

Q: What if I want to change package during the free promotion?
A: You will need to cancel you existing subscription and take up the new subscription on the other package. You will receive your 30 free days for the new subscription

Errr, excuse me? Are you sure about this? You are suggesting that I can change my package during the free trial, and then get another 30 days when I trial a different package? So, technically, I could do 29 days on one trial, cancel it, then do another trial package for another 30 days? And how many times can I do this (you don't say)??

Q: What if I want to cancel a package just after the 30 day free period. Do I get a partial refund.
A: Unfortunately this is not possible. If you cancel your subscription any time after the initial 30 day free promotion, you will continue to have access to the service until the end of that month and that subscription will not be renewed

Don't miss your cancellation date, that is if you really want to cancel within the 30 days.

So, if I were thoroughly unscrupulous, and providing that what Vodafone have on their website really is what it suggests, the potential is there to endlessly "trial" their Mobile TV. But of course, noone on Talk3G would seriously suggest that anyone should/would do that.

Me? I'm too much of a scaredy cat :D

Ben
8th March 2006, 12:45 AM
I'm going to hazard a guess that you get up to 30 days free one-time-only on each package. So, technically speaking I guess, you could view each individual package for 29 days free, plus the 'everything' package for 29 days free.

I'd be very interested to know what the reality is :D