View Full Version : Vodafone Price Plan advice

Gagz
12th March 2006, 01:25 AM
As most of ya know im on 18 month Vodafone contract for the Sharp 903. On this upcoming Thursday (16th March) my first 6months finish which means i can change price plan.

I want to drop down to the lowest price plan otherwise ima end up paying £60 a month, anywho the lowest price plan its letting me select on 'My Vodafone' on the website is Anytime75 which is £20 a month. But on the Vodafone store their offering Evening and Weekend 1000 + 250 free texts for £16 a month for 12months. I want this price plan, so i rang Vodafone and told erm i want to drop down to Evening and weekend 1000 with 250txts for £16 on the 16th and they said they can't do it, but i maybe able to get it by contacting the sales department on the 16th.

Has anyone else got to a price plan that the website won't let you select? Whats the chances Vodafone will let me have the £16 one rather then the £20 one ?

Gagz

Ben
12th March 2006, 02:30 AM
If, for example, that £16 trariff is promotional then you wont be able to move to it. You can, of course, try calling on the 16th and see if someone nice will try and get it through for you - try explaining that you think it'll suit your usage much better and it'd be a massive help to you if they can do it.

I'd imagine you'll end up on the £20/month tariff, as that's the lowest standard Vodafone tariff available. You could always try asking for the Online Exclusive Anytime 75 + 100 texts @ £16 but again that's promotional.

So, in summation, getting a £16 deal isn't likely, but it's not impossible.

Gagz
12th March 2006, 01:23 PM
Well the evenin&weekend100 with 250txt is available at http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewPayMonthlyHandsetDet ails&action=GetPayMonthlyHandsetDetails&intHandsetID=318&variationID=180&tcat=1,3 but it's not letting giving me the option to switch to it on My Vodafone as seen here - http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/2258/mobile1eu.png

But hopefully with any luck i'll get the price plan i want lol :| anytime75 is kak since im @ 6th form most of the day and i make calls on evenings and weekends when im free :S + 250txts would help too ! ah well we'll have to wait and see.

Hands0n
12th March 2006, 02:45 PM
If you're making calls evenings and weekends then is not Stop The Clock just for you? Even with only a few mins (75), each call is only going to use up a maximum of 3 of those - I know that's only 25 calls each month to the benefit of STC though.

Gagz
12th March 2006, 04:06 PM
Yup but i wont get any texts with Anytime75 :\ im on Anytime700 @ the mo and have been for 6months and i dont know how ive managed without texting but i want texting.

When i signed my contract at the time the lowest i could drop down to was £15 after 6months which is what i wanted but that £15 price plan went out the door and was replaced with Anytime75 at £20 which is not what i want.

I want the lowest priceplan possible i cant afford to fork out much more then £20 a month anyways, £16 seems good and matches what i want and its a decent plan for me.

maxspank
15th March 2006, 03:02 AM
You won't get a £16 priceplan whilst in commitment. Your choices are the E+W 1000 @ £20 and AT75 @ £20 and if you want the texts then you'll have to fork out for them.

Gagz
15th March 2006, 02:28 PM
What do you mean commitment ? I was told i can change price plan after the first 6months of my 18month contract. Tomorrow my first 6months runs out so im free to change price plan.

Hands0n
15th March 2006, 03:29 PM
What he means by commitment is that your overall contract still has its life to run (in your case 12 months). You are committed to the contract, regardless of what tariff you subsequently choose. In such case, you are not going to get the £16pcm tariff that you see being offered to new joiners, or those renewing their contracts.