View Full Version : My Opinion

3GScottishUser
30th March 2005, 10:17 PM
I got one of these on ThreePay as i thought as a new model it would have been better than the Nokia 7600 I got with my contract.

How wrong was I?

It's got poor battery life, drops calls like crazy and fails to make calls (with a call failed screen display) regularly.

Its about the same as the a-835 that has been the subject of much flexing and software updating to try and avoid these issues.

My advice - dont let the price tempt you - not on the 3 network anyway - leave well alone....

Ben
30th March 2005, 11:05 PM
In my opinion, Motorola's in general really aren't 'all that'.

As a vehicle for cheap calls, some of the cheaper models will certainly do the job - but I think I'd rather have the (weird but wonderful?) Nokia 7600 any day.

3g-g
31st March 2005, 12:55 AM
Lets just say, I bought this phone for £45.. kept it for 1 week, used the £15 credit and then sold the handset on eBay as I just couldn't get my head around either the 3 services or the moto OS.

Not impressed... but good for the money I suppose!

miffed
31st March 2005, 09:46 AM
I was kept quite entertained by the UIX handsets for a while - but other than those I have not seen anything from Moto that has got me excited -especially not the c975 !

I get the feeling that the manufacturers are being made to "jump through hoops" to produce these dual mode phones , as we have seen many a competant electrical manufacturer turn out handsets that have not gone down well - Nobody could accuse NEC or Motorola of being inept , or at least they couldn't before they started making 3G phones !

I can see this continuing for the forseeable future - but I imagine a turning point will be when someone (probably Three) acheives total coverage , and then manufacturers can make purely 3G handsets - I am guessing THAT is when we will see REAL head turning handsets