View Full Version : Email on your Orange phone

Ben
18th March 2006, 01:39 PM
Hey folks,

If any Orange users, with MMS compatible handsets, are interested in trialling Orange's 'new' Mobile Email service then drop me a private message for details.

Ben

Jon3G
27th March 2006, 11:11 AM
Hi

I got the invite to that, sounds good

Ben
27th March 2006, 07:46 PM
A few people took me up on the offer, so hopefully we'll have some feedback when the service starts!

DaveC
9th April 2006, 08:31 PM
I've been taking part in the trial. The only thing that would worry me is the cost of replying!

Hands0n
9th April 2006, 08:52 PM
Hello DaveC, welcome to Talk3G and hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Could you fill us in on what this entails then? Is it the cost of MMS per email reply? I must admit to not really understanding what is being trialled here (being now ex-Orange and out of the loop so to speak).

DaveC
9th April 2006, 09:03 PM
Basically you can set you phone up to recieve email via mms. It is possible to get it to poll all your pop mailboxes, and you can choose whether you want all your email or just selected senders.
There is the option to reply via mms, but at the moment it is at mms rates, which makes it quite expensive.
I've found the incoming much better than the old fashioned text alerts as you can read the content (HTML comes through as a small picture and is too small to read!) I've sent one back just to check it works

Ben
9th April 2006, 11:31 PM
Sounds curious! I'm not sure mobile email via MMS is really all that cutting-edge, but if it's going to work then hey, who cares!

Welcome to the forum :)

DaveC
12th April 2006, 07:09 PM
Sounds curious! I'm not sure mobile email via MMS is really all that cutting-edge, but if it's going to work then hey, who cares!

Welcome to the forum :)

I find it better than their text alerts, but I still pick things up in the conventional way.

What I hear is that this is a half way measure towards something for pda's and smartphones.