View Full Version : A mobile that can display my weather site

stuartturrell
18th March 2006, 07:48 PM
I have tried it on my Nokia 6680 and there is no luck (not suprised, its needs a fairly recent version of flash)

http://www.stuartturrell.dsl.pipex.com/wdl/index.html

Is there a mobile that can display that page?

Stuart

Hands0n
18th March 2006, 08:03 PM
Its probably going to have to be one of the Nokia with the latest version of Symbian - I think that the N80 (and others in the series, yet to be released) will probably fit the bill as its web browser is enhanced over that of the 6680 and its ilk. Check it out on Nokia's website.

That said - your weather site is quite busy on the screen and I would think that it would challenge even the most optimistic mobile phone display screen.

stuartturrell
18th March 2006, 08:07 PM
It is fairly busy, I have already "less busy" version to try on mobiles, it is also more compatible with earlier version of flash.
I am planning on upgrading to the N80, just as soon as orange release it.

Thanks for the info.
Stuart

Ben
18th March 2006, 11:00 PM
No helpful suggestions - just wanted to say that's an awesome collection of weather indicators you've got there!

stuartturrell
18th March 2006, 11:47 PM
Its not bad. I need to develop the site a lot more thats for sure, but the weather content is pretty good.

I view the weather via a WAP page at the moment, but its so basic. I want to try and get the LIVE weather page working as that doesnt take much KB/s or bandwidth up, so it will be cheap to view), once the flash program is downloaded that is!

Thanks for your comments, makes the weather station all the more worthwhile.

Stuart