View Full Version : MSN on N70?

ntoqiakt
25th March 2006, 01:28 PM
Hi everyone...

I recently got an N70 on 3 and have been playing around. I was quite content until I realised what was going on!! Ie, the walled garden approach. Much of the realisation came after reading some of the messages posted on this forum.

Anyway, I just wanted a ask a few things.

Ideally I would like to be able to use my phone for e-mails and MSN. All my other mobile surfing needs are catered for. (mainly ebay and football scores! :-) )

So, is there a way to get IMAP e-mail on my phone and MSN? I've tried a few MSN compatible clients with no luck and also I haven't had any luck setting up my IMAP account. I've subscribed to the 'Casual Mobile Web Sites' Add-on and I've seen there's an 'Email' add-on, however, since I will only be using my e-mail once in a blue moon, I don't want to be paying £5 for the priviledge!

Is there any chance of getting the above to work?

Thanks,

Theo

Ben
25th March 2006, 01:38 PM
Hello Theo :D Welcome to Talk3G!

I'm not a 3 subscriber currently, but AFAIK you'd need to get the £15pm data add-on if you wanted to have unfettered access to email and MSN.

Three have supposedly made a deal with Microsoft to make MSN available on its handsets in the near future, though. Of course, this will likely come at a price.

I find that the best tariffs for casual data use are Vodafone's online ones that include sizable Extras Packs. As an extras pack is essentially a cash value that can be exhausted through a mixture of text messages, MMS and data, it gives you freedom to use it how you want. This isn't much use to you now though if you've been with Three beyond the cancellation period.

Hopefully some other members will have more suggestions for you. Best of luck!

ntoqiakt
25th March 2006, 04:25 PM
Hi Ben,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I thought that would be the case unfortunately. £15 a month is just to much to pay for only the few times that I will need to use MSN and e-mail on the go.

Anyway, who knows? Perhaps they'll get sold and change their tariffs and offerings! :-) (Since I still have around 17 months left in my contract!!!)

From what I've read here... I should try to use 3's CS as little as possible and I should be ok.

Cheers,

Theo