View Full Version : Bluetooth on Nokia 6280

jim_bob64
2nd April 2006, 06:06 PM
Hi. Could see one tell me if its possible to have everything that is sent to the phone through Bluetooth straight onto the memory card because it seems to go straight to the phone where there is not enough memory to save it.

Thanks,

Jim

jim_bob64
3rd April 2006, 10:16 AM
Hi. Could see one tell me if its possible to have everything that is sent to the phone through Bluetooth straight onto the memory card because it seems to go straight to the phone where there is not enough memory to save it.

Thanks,

Jim

Oops, typo. I meant Could Someone tell me.....

:rolleyes:

whatleydude
3rd April 2006, 11:11 AM
I'm not sure about the 6280 but try this - it works for the 6680 and the N70..

Goto:
Messaging, Options, Settings, Other, Memory in Use..

If I'm right it should read Phone Memory. Change this to MMC or whatever your MMC is called and then it should do it.
Note that all incoming messages, be it Bluetooth, MMS or SMS will now be stored on your MMC instead of your phone memory.

Good luck with it and let me know if it works.

PS - Welcome to Talk3G!
:)

jim_bob64
3rd April 2006, 01:03 PM
I'm not sure about the 6280 but try this - it works for the 6680 and the N70..

Goto:
Messaging, Options, Settings, Other, Memory in Use..

If I'm right it should read Phone Memory. Change this to MMC or whatever your MMC is called and then it should do it.
Note that all incoming messages, be it Bluetooth, MMS or SMS will now be stored on your MMC instead of your phone memory.

Good luck with it and let me know if it works.

PS - Welcome to Talk3G!
:)

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately this didnt work as there is no 'Other' setting in any of the messages options :(

Anyone else know?

PS: Thanks for the welcome :)

whatleydude
3rd April 2006, 01:10 PM
Ahh.. Sorry man. Was hoping that would fix it.

Hmm.. if there's no option resembling the one I just described that I'm not sure that it would be possible.

Maybe someone else can help?

Good luck dude.

jim_bob64
3rd April 2006, 08:18 PM
Its ok, it was worth a go :)

I have another question you might be able to help me with.

When I send MMS that has a picture with it, no matter what size the picture is it always shows up stupidly small on the other persons phone. I have tried sending 2 different sized pictures to my D500 and it shows up tiny on that too, about half a CM squared. I know there is nothing wrong with that phone as a picture was recently sent to the D500 and it was fine.

Hope someone can help with either question :)

Hands0n
3rd April 2006, 11:05 PM
MMS messages have a file size restriction and the handset will often take a perfectly good image and shrink it down prior to transmission. What size the file is eventually shrunk down to depends on the Handset itself and the MMS limit of 100Kbytes. Some handsets shrink images down to much smaller than 100Kbytes, although I'd hope that the 6280 with its 2MPxl camera would not be one of those!

The way to find out what is happening is to go to your 6280's "Sent" items folder, bring up the MMS that you just sent to your D500 and see if there is a menu option to display the image properties. Then do the same on your D500 to see if the received file is the same size - it should be. But for sure, your 6280 won't be sending an MMS at full 2Mpxl image size!

NB: I do not know the 6280 intimately, but have a looksee if you can vary the image size of an MMS, some handsets will allow you to do this, although whether or not an S40 based handset will is not known to me.

nufc09
12th May 2006, 06:54 PM

Thanks,

Jim
i have a 6280 and when i get things sent by bluetooth it goes straight on to the memory card because if theres not enough space on the phone it diverts to the memory card. on the other hand you could try and move it to the memory card after it has been received in to the received items folder if it wont let you save it.

jim_bob64
22nd May 2006, 09:00 PM
Thats what it should do but it gets half way and cancels because there is not enough Memory on the phone :( You can move things onto the memory card once its sent but thats only if there is enough phone memory to take it all which in this case there wasnt :(

Hands0n
23rd May 2006, 12:11 AM
It could be a firmware version issue here - I'm running V03.60 10-02-06 RM-78 on a T-Mobile 6280. Check your version against the above using the key code *#0000# which will bring up the version screen.

jim_bob64
31st May 2006, 09:11 PM
It could be a firmware version issue here - I'm running V03.60 10-02-06 RM-78 on a T-Mobile 6280. Check your version against the above using the key code *#0000# which will bring up the version screen.

Ok just checked and im running Version 03.36 05-12-05, so a couple of months older than your firmware :(

Hands0n
31st May 2006, 10:18 PM
Ok just checked and im running Version 03.36 05-12-05, so a couple of months older than your firmware :(

That is a well known buggy version of the Nokia firmware. I don't recall reading any Bluetooth issues with the version but then there were so many people complaining about Version 03.36's multiple bugs it could be that you've enountered yet another.

I would strongly recommend that you go for a firmware upgrade from your mobile network operator.

If you are on 3 then the update to a more current version is [said to be] available. To get it upgraded you will have to report the problem to 3 Customer Services.

chagle
14th June 2006, 04:08 PM
Mmm, just Bluetoothed a file to the phone. Went straight to phone memory.. as people have said you can move it. But would be nice to set a default manually. :)