View Full Version : What tariff is right for you?

3g-g
3rd April 2006, 01:12 AM
Having a scan at the old interweb earlier tonight in the midst of moving credit card companies I was having a look at www.moneysupermarket.com which is a nice handy website, but what's it got to do with mobile phones and tariffs 3g-g I hear you ask? Well, they're quite good at saving you money and one thing I know my wife can spend money on, apart from shoes and handbags is talking on the phone I pay for.

Now I'm quite lucky, I manage to get a sweet discount, so I don't need to shop around. However, most of the rest of us aren't in the same boat. Over the last few weeks T-Mobile are gazzumped the other operators with Flext, and currently there isn't much that can beat it for value, if anything. Well, unless someone else pays your bill I suppose, but that's not fair, so back in the real world with the rest of us you need to navigate your way around the huge number of tariffs there are available.

Now, go into any of the operators shops and I'm sure they'll say they're the best for you, so lets just say you have no preference as to what network you're going to end up on, you just make a certain number of calls during the day, a bit at night and send two and half million text messages. You can't make head nor tail of what's available from the 5 ops.

So, moneysupermarket.com have come up with this little page of help. (http://www.moneysupermarket.com/mobile-phones-default.asp?Source=MS)

You pick the handset you want, enter what you think you'll use and they'll tell you what's best currently for your needs. They'll have a look at all the operators as well as E2Save CPW and others, very handy indeed!

3GScottishUser
4th April 2006, 07:04 AM
I have posted another useful link below.

Its a referral site that calculates the total amount you pay for the duration of a contract on all the different network options. All you have to do is select a handset and it will display all the tariff options fro lowest to highest price sorted by total contract cost.

Quite a neat idea that lets you see just who is offering the lowest price after all the promotional costs are included.

You can compare current offers on PAYG handsets too.

The site lists all the networks and most of the main dealers but there are a few I have not heard of - so be careful, especially with chasback deals!

www.mobdeal.com