View Full Version : Nokia 6280 not available on T-Mobile Flext with Web n Walk

Hands0n
6th April 2006, 10:37 PM
How bizzarre is this then? The only Nokia 3G handset available on T-Mobile's Flext with Web n Walk package is the N70. However, the 6280 is available on just their Flext package.

I've asked T-Mobile for a comment or to advise how to get the 6280 on that package combination [Flext with Web n Walk]. But it certainly cannot be accessed online via their website.

Surely, as a 3G handset with browser capabilities the 6280 is a suitably splendid device for the Web n Walk offering.

Ben
6th April 2006, 11:10 PM
Mhm that's bizzare. Can the Flext tariff not be purchased and then Web n Walk 'bolted' on afterwards?

Hands0n
6th April 2006, 11:24 PM
I cant see how it can be done online - quiet possibly it could be sorted with a call to their CS. I suppose the hard part for any on-line deal is to get keep the system up to date with the developing handset/tariff situation.

I'll post the CS response on here when/if I get it.

solo12002
7th April 2006, 08:36 AM
can you just buy it on flext. then buy the web and walk add on. I know looking at their site to day if I go for flext 35 i can pick any phone, surely one I have done than i can add on the web and walk add on.

Or would that be to easy?

Hands0n
7th April 2006, 09:06 AM
It seems that you could indeed do that, but you may not be eligible for the online package offer of 25% off the price for life - which is really worth having, for sure :D It makes the overall offer so much more attractive, besides which I'm totally greedy and want as much as I can get for as little as I can pay :rolleyes:

But in essence I cannot see any reason why you couldn't do precisely as you suggest above and add Web n Walk on to the package afterwards. And there is no indication on the website that you couldn't do that as part of your ongoing management of the account. They are, after all, going to get more money from you and would be crazy to say "The computer says 'No' ".

I'm still waiting for their CS to reply in eMail to my enquiry - it may just be that their website content has not kept up with their handset availability.

NB: I really want Flext with Web n Walk and the Nokia N80 (allegedly due out in May 2006 - just to be sure we get the year correct!!). But my suspicion is that the "25% off for life" will have gone by then:( . It looks like I could get 2/3rds of what I'm after ............ either way .... but as Freddy Mercury may have once sang .... "I want it all ......" :D

solo12002
7th April 2006, 07:08 PM
I know the felling Im after the new MSD, and its a case of taking the 25% of the rental and hope to get the MDA on E bay or wait. The other way of doing it is toget the flext plan you want now, then take the cheapest one later with the N80 it may still work out cheaper than E Bay ?

Hands0n
7th April 2006, 07:19 PM
I've just about given up on eBay for cheapness - often I'm finding things cheaper in the Internet stores than on eBay. I think that it is beginning to have outlived its usefulness in terms of cheap stuff. Certainly with regard to mobile phone handsets that would appear to be the case - especially when considering after-sales backup/support/entitlements.

I'm seriously considering taking up the 6280 - wondering if I'd really make that much use of the N80 - besides which, if I really want/need one later in the year .... well .... there is always eBay :)

Hands0n
8th April 2006, 07:56 PM
I am getting quite turned on to T-Mobile's CSA - their responsiveness to email is clear, concise and quite speedy. I've not had to deal with them voice-to-voice yet, but if the email is any indicator then I can't imagine being too disappointed.

Their response to my question about being able to combine Flext + Web 'n Walk and a Nokia 6280 is answered as follows

Dear *****

Thanks for your interest in out Flext plans.

I know it can be frustrating when you cant find what you want on the website, so thanks for your patience.

I've checked with our web team and due to a massive demand for the Nokia 6280, they have temporarily withdrawn it from our website. We are struggling to keep up with the numbers being ordered, and it has been taken off the site for the moment to enable us to catch up with the backlog.

You can go instore to get the phone on your chosen Flext web n walk. Our stores receive different deliveries to our warehouse so you may still be able to get the 6280. Buying from one of our stores will mean that calls to 150 from your handset will not incur a charge as they would if you ordered online.

You can view other phones available with Flext by following this link http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menuid=plans_webnwalk_flextplans&chosenPricePlan=pmt .

If you wish to buy instore, please give them a call first to make sure they have the 6280 in stock, and maybe save you a journey.

Your nearest T-Mobile store is at 21 New Road, Gravesend, Kent DA11 0AA, and you can call them on 01474535444 (charged at local rates).

You might also want to try our branch at 35a The Orchards Shopping Centre, Dartford, Kent, DA1 1DN on 01322277114 (charged at local rates).

I'd recommend that you buy direct from us as we can't guarantee a handset from other dealers will support all of the functions on our network.

Finally *****, thanks again for taking the time to email me. I hope the information I've given helps you make up your mind, and that we have you on board with us soon.

Well, you cant say fairer than that really - not only answering the question, but providing additional information as to where I can source the goods and a nice little closer at the end. It gives yer a warm glow all over I tell yer :)

So the only question really is whether or not to await the N80 - but that all depends on whether or not I can get the 25% off for life in-store. A trip next week beckons :D

solo12002
8th April 2006, 11:27 PM
Wow what a good reply ffs t-mobile CS have moved on, unlike my last request to o2, who rplied word for word from a scrip.

@NickyColman
14th April 2006, 08:24 PM
Its quite funny what the independant retailers will say to get you to buy a phone.

Today when buying my 6280, i was told that it was only available on Flext 50 and that i HAD to buy Web & Walk too. I was going to get this deal anyways so i wasnt that bothered, but some people may not.

Hands0n
14th April 2006, 09:49 PM
My local independent dealer is unable to offer me any of the 25% for life discount, so if I go with him it'll be at full whack! So that is going to be unlikely then. But that is nowhere as near as "bad" as what you've been told by your dealer. Rather disingenious at best and downright dishonest at worst! But if you are happy and was going for that tariff anywhay then no harm at all done :) And that's a ton of units to be talking and texting with :D

I think that I'll either go to one of the T-Mobile stores above or get it online when it finally re-appears.

@NickyColman
14th April 2006, 09:57 PM
To be honest, i dont see how itll benefit anyone if the independants connect people on higher Flext plans because Flext allegedly adapts and finds a Flext plan to suit.

So even if i took a high Flext plan, it is possible a few months time, -T-Mobile might drop it down.

I wonder how this practise with affect tarrif migration up/down.!?

solo12002
13th May 2006, 06:13 PM
I am now on t-mobile flext with web and walk using the MDA Pro. Im sorry to say I currently dont have access to 3g on t-mobile in Bangor only in Belfast 15 miles away and Im fine with that.

Advice I am looking for is: having used the MDA Pro for a few days I now see the problems with it in respect of the size and weight plus not user friendly. I prpoosed to return this to t-mobile, what hand set should I go for the nokia N70 I currently have a unlock one or the Nokia 6280?

I currenly have a MDA 2 Compact on route from E bay and will use that as my PDA with a t-mobile PAYG Sim card.

Whats your thoughts lads?

Hands0n
13th May 2006, 06:49 PM
Hi. It all rather depends on what you really want out of the experience imho.

The N70 is undoubtedly an orgasmic handset with just about all you'd need in such a device. It performs excellently on T-Mobile's network and with Web N Walk it works very well with its inbuilt browser.

The less bulky Nokia 6820 (wot I have) is a nice handset in very many ways. It has a [very] few shortcomings but none that really detract from its daily use. Biggest prob at the moment is the delay in providng Web N Walk to the 6280 via Opera Mini. T-Mobile must be having commissioning issues at their Opera Mini Server end - they have slipped the due date to 20 May 2006. The client is already embedded on the 6280. So for now we are restricted to T-Zones with the handset's WAP browser. The OS40 of the 6280 does not cause me any issues coming from an OS60 6680 - they are similarly intuitive to use in true Nokia style.

It is hard to give you a specific recommendation - as I said, both handsets are marvelous in their own way. I like them both, but would choose the 6280 for my own daily use as I found the 6680 was total overkill for what I needed. I don't load/use squillions of apps, thats what my PDA is for.

solo12002
13th May 2006, 07:16 PM
Thanks Hanson, Once again first of the mark with useful advice. As I current have a N70 and dont as a rule go for slider phones I think I will likely go for the N70, more so in light of the fact that I would not be tied into t-mobile t-zones alone.

dave5416
9th July 2006, 03:19 PM
Hi All.Just to let you know the 6280 is now availble with web n walk. Got one here!