View Full Version : o2 free GPRS - RIP

miffed
7th April 2006, 05:02 PM
Ah well ....
As threatened , o2 have begun charging for data (well , charging me at least ! )
I logged on to my o2 online account tracking - to see a new "UK GPRS INTERNET " Item added to my usage :(

It was fun while it lasted , I suppose now I'll have to pay them £300 per month for the average 100mb of data I get through ........

...... Will I heck :p - time to put the o2 sim in the drawer (or the 6600) and start using the Flext /web'n'walk one from T-mobile !

I feel like I am splitting up with a long term girlfriend !

So long o2 , its been fun !

Ben
7th April 2006, 06:01 PM
LoL!

It's sad news :( Still, it's sadder still that O2 didn't make a bigger deal of data being free while it was. They could have really encouraged broader data takeup. Of course, they probably didn't have the capacity, hence why it wasn't heavily promoted, but it'd have been nice!

miffed
7th April 2006, 09:31 PM
What is also a bit strange (I sense a conspiricy .... ;) ) , is that O2 officially began Charging for data on the 31st March 2006 - and T-mobile launched the uk's first Flat rate data package(well , at least the first at a reasonable price) on April 1st (I actually ordered my phone on 31st March )

Mere Coincidence ? :rolleyes:

Hands0n
7th April 2006, 09:46 PM
Oooooh ,you'll be suggesting cartel next :)